NQR-Black Dog Black Rugs Not good

Well I tripped over the old black dog laying on the black throw rug. I thought I broke my arm, but got really bruised up and pulled muscles everywhere even my left boob. Going to be hurting tomarrow. Been working on a popcorn panto and almost done. Going shopping tomarrow for white rugs.

OUCH!! You sprained your boob? Now that's a new one on me!! Bet its painful...yikes.

We have two border collies. One of them sleeps on the bed, but has been known to get up during the night and lie directly in my pathway to the bathroom. No worries about tripping on him though since he growls and barks when you get close. He's an odd little dog:P

Oh Edie, I'm so sorry! Several years ago I was walking my black dog who made a valiant attempt at killing the black cat who was following us on our walk. Dog was fine, cat was fine, I had a broken wrist. Too bad I didn't quilt then, just think of all the stuff I could have gotten done! Working in mental health at the time, having a cast on your arm and the people I dealt with wasn't a good combo.

So, words to the wise. Watch out for black critters! They are out to get you. Also they seem to want to turn you black and blue to match them!

I almost had a similar experience this week, but just a close call, no sore boobs here! I started doing wii fit last week and the 2 dogs like to lay right behind me when I'm doing it. When I was done I stepped back and just stopped myself in time from going flying. Needless to say, they have a new spot to lay when I am wii-ing! Now, if I could only get the cat to stop trying to climb up my leg when I am doing the yoga part!

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. You don't know how I needed that after a day from you know where! I don't know what tickled me more the injured left boob or the word "wi-ing"! You know I am getting addicted to this forum. I can't imagine life without you girls! Be careful out there or in your quilting room...wherever the black animals roam!

I understand what you are feeling. A couple of years ago I was in a hurry to get to the grandkids winter concert, walked out into the new addition that didn't have electricity yet, closed the door to the main house. The solid black dog was inside on the black rug in a black room on a cement floor. Hit both knees, minor hurt to the wrist, cracked my ice filled water bottle. It took a while before the dog came close to me again. Guess she thought I would trip on her every time.

I have a black cat who can always seek out the darkest spot in the house to sleep in. Usually he picks a doorway. He gets kicked so often but doesn't learn. We have improved the lighting at the top of the stairs as that used to be a favourite spot of his and it was just too dangerous. He is also my quilting buddy and sleeps next to my foot when I am working. I've got pretty good at shuffling when I work :)

Hope you heal quickly.

Ferret

Archived