1930's Rolling Stone FINISHED W/PICS

I recognize that block! It's a Rolling Stone. I was considering a feathered wreath in the center of each block and a cable in the sashing. Maybe a little pointy star flower in the cornerstones. Most of the 30's quilts I see in the books I have are very simply done with crosshatching, simple feathered wreath, cable, pointy star/flower, etc. That's a must see when you're done!:)

If you're talking about easy, yeah, go for the BF. Those funky feathers could be challenging especially overlapping blocks. And the loopy loopy in the "stone" would have to be stretched quite a bit for that size block.

If you're practicing, I'd gather my wits and do something custom instead of the E2E. Have fun!

Hi Kristina...did you take a customer quilt?? Good for you!!!!:)

I think Bonnie's first idea is really good too. I like the feathers around the outside and the twist, not sure about the loopies on the inner circle...maybe e's and l's instead??

You have to show this one when you're done!

I am working on this quilt right now. Lots of SID work. I decided against Baptist fans as this quilt is not square and has lots of puckers. It will have some feathering and cc's in the stones. I will post as soon as it is done. Going for a more contemporary flair. I am experiencing thread breakage though on top with Bottomline. Never had it break so much as now. Can it be the el'cheapo polyyester thick batting?!? Hope to post pics later tonight.

Oh my goodness look at you! You did the feathers! I'm tickled for you. Was that fun, or what?:D I like the way you dipped into the block with your feather. How did you like practicing all those CC's in the squares/rectangles?

You are fast too. I've been working on a small-ish 44" square for three days. Just can't stand it for very long. I have to take a lot of breaks.

Well, keep up the enthusiasm---it's contagious. And thanks for posting the pictures.:)

Kristina, you did just a wonderful job on that quilt. From the plain top, to the suggesstions, I could see nothing.. but when you finished the qilting it just really shows up and pops out.

a big CONGRATULATIONS on a job v ery well done.

RitaR

Archived