Countdown

Mary Beth

This trip I plan to not scurry around like bunny rabbit. Last year I jammed my schedule so tight that I literally had no time to breathe and looking back it was all a blur.

Wish list? I need thread. That's mainly what I will buy. I don't have much thread in my stash. I don't have any stencils with pounce powder. I have never used them before so maybe get a few of those?? And maybe a few pattern/design books and instructional DVDs, like Kimmy Brunner's new DVD and Myrna's DVD. Other than that, I am just taking some classes enjoying the quilt show and seeing everyone and visiting. I arrive on Wednesday AM and leave Saturday AM.

I very much look forward to seeing my BFF ;) Mary Beth (who really is a saint!) and Linda Card, and Donna (Sam's Mom) and gotta get a hug from Sherri Dolly and Judy Laquidara ...

I have one thing on my wish list and it is probably going to arrive this Sunday. Then the fun really begins...

Some of you already know what it is!! :P:P

Judy L was there last year? I didn't get to meet her. Probably a good thing though since I was so sick. I don't plan to repeat that again. It was anything but fun!!

Hey Debbi, yes she was there and was looking for us (I heard this through the grape vine) and due to my crazy schedule I didn't get to meet her. But, we shall keep our eyes out for her this year. Yes, she will be there. :)

Looking forward to seeing you, too DEBBI! :) Have fun with your new toy. Share photos when you get a chance.

45 Days and counting.

Donna - you say the nicest things

Shana - not only did I see JudyL last year but I actually got to meet Mr. JudyL. That's right, Vince was there. He is a handsome fellow but he seemed a bit overwhelmed by the show or the attention that his wife was drawing. At my first MQS, a bunch of us went to dinner with JudyL. It was a hoot.

My wishlist, hmmm. Well, it does have some rulers on it (Shhhh, dno't tell Donna). I am hoping to find some of TraceyB's (www.constantinequilts.com) No Frills big circles, like 10 - 11 and 12". I just ordered her big swags. I have the small ones - 5"- but I need the big ones. I also just ordered the diamond diagonal ruler - 15" and 22" for small sections of diamond cross-hatching. And maybe a few stencils. Oh, and Tut, I gotta stock up on King Tut.

Whatever I buy, I want it to fit in my suitcase this year. I shipped my stuff FedEx last year. It was a great convenience to just dump my stuff on their desk, give them my credit card number and run. It was a very large box and it only cost $48 but I didn't get it for 2 or 3 days after I returned. I want to see and touch my new stuff right away. I know, I'm silly.

Hey, and this year, Mr. Ramona-Quilter is coming to the show. He flies in on Thursday for a Friday class on Gammill Maintenance. He already has tickets to a Royals game on Thursday with his brother who lives in Gladstone. He will be packing light so no chance to stuff his suitcase.

I look forward to seeing you all at MQS. I still haven't decided if I'm driving or flying. I better decide quick. I will be there from Friday through Friday and look forward to scribing.

Is anyone going to be at the Sheraton? I still like staying at the conference hotel for convenience. I may have a room to share since my roomie is probably not going to be able to come due to ill parents. If you are interested, send me an e-mail or a U2U.

My MQS to-do list says - Find Shana and give her a hug! Also hope to see MaryBeth (she lives close to KC, we belong to the same LA group, but almost never see each other) and, well....the list is long - I'm looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible!

Can't wait! It's gonna be fun!

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

I don't have any stencils with pounce powder. I have never used them before so maybe get a few of those??

I might suggest going to http://www.quiltingstencils.com and finding the stencils you are most interested in and the item # or whatever they call it. That booth is so overwhelming and you start feeling like you are in a daze and things start spinning around your head!!:D Last year I took the # but not the stencil name....this year I shall arm myself with both!!

I'm getting ready to clean some tools out of my studio that I don't use and make room for new stuff. What is on my wish list? Like Shana, thread, of course. Also, I am working up the nerve to buy Renae's rays and/or arcs...just trying to deside which sizes, and would I really use them (I'm sure this is where Renae will join the conversation ;):D). DVD's are also on my list. And Linda....I bought Mindy Casperson's Swags last year....and can't remember how to use them...I need to go in search of a youtube...but since she has a video on the use of rulers or whatever...bet I don't get it for free. I did watch the youtube TraceyB did and she made those swags look so easy......

Attention all ruler/template makers....youtube is probably the best thing you can do to sell your products...if we can't remember how to use them, we can look it up for a refresher...think about it!!

MB, as part of your over-haul, are you having your threadcutter taken off your millie? I am considering doing this. Lightening the load.

My list: Thread, Stencils, a couple rulers (maybe the arc's). And, whatever catch's my fancy as i'm passing thru.

I wish RNS design boards were there...oh well.

Originally posted by SheriB

MB, as part of your over-haul, are you having your threadcutter taken off your millie? I am considering doing this. Lightening the load.

My list: Thread, Stencils, a couple rulers (maybe the arc's). And, whatever catch's my fancy as i'm passing thru.

I wish RNS design boards were there...oh well.

Actually, my thread cutter stopped working about a year ago. Just jammed one day and I can't get it to work. This is on the list to be fixed when Amy does her thing. After the over-haul, I may be selling this machine...I'm looking for something smaller...but only if the price is right.

Circle Lord will be there...I plan to hang out with them for a bit....so everyone come by and see us!!

Archived