My CL arrived today but......

I feel sorry for you. :)

I had my Liberty for several weeks before it was set up last year. Then when I got my CL, I had to wait about a week to get help with it, too.

On the other hand, your hooks, curves and swooshes look great and the fabrics are so pretty.

I just bought some more toys to add to my CL when I was MQX last week, but have not had a chance to play with them yet, either. Boo-hoo for both of us. LOL

I just bought the small feathers, the Aztec (large and small) and the Ginko. Last year I bought the initial set-up with the circles, then added the spiral circle and the large feathers. Then I have the long pattern boards for the Swirls, the square spirals (can't think of the name), the Baptist Fan/Clam Shells and a feather border. Oh, and a multiple spine board, too. Just a "few" things. :)

I have some blocks to put together (some from block exchanges) and I am thinking about setting them on point and alternating the pieced blocks with a plain block. Then, I can use one of my templates to quilt a design in the plain squares. The pieced blocks willl get cc'd or whatever seems to look good in them.

I probably can't play with that idea for a month or so, but I will eventually get to do it. It's so much fun!

What kind of trouble are you having with the set up? I just purchased a Circle Lord at MQX 2 days ago, along with extra 3 templates. I'm waiting for Michael to ship it to me, however I received the manual via email today. I printed it and just glanced through it, thinking OMG I am never going to figure this out. It looked easy when it was being demonstrated but now I don't know.

Dianne

Hey Monika

It sure isnt' fun to have toys in the box and not be able to play with them. Good time to take advantage of reading the directions and be ready to help out your husband. You know if they can't ask driving directions they certainly aren't going to read the installlation directions. LOL

I hope you have fun trying it out on the weekend. Unlike Sandra I didnt dare go too close the the Circle Lord booth at MQX . I was afraid that I would get sucked in and I really couldnt' afford that right now. I did find some cool stuff and pretty much stuck to my list. I added about 17 lbs tomy luggage and had an additional carry on. I will have to wait till the weekend to have the time to play. I have a set of zippers to install, some judilator rulers

Originally posted by DB

What kind of trouble are you having with the set up? I just purchased a Circle Lord at MQX 2 days ago, along with extra 3 templates. I'm waiting for Michael to ship it to me, however I received the manual via email today. I printed it and just glanced through it, thinking OMG I am never going to figure this out. It looked easy when it was being demonstrated but now I don't know.

Dianne

Not to worry, you new CL owners!! This is the easiest tool in the universe to use...I am not kidding. If I can use it, anyone can!

The only problem is the setup because you have to raise your machine just a bit to clear the templates. If you have someone to help you, it is no problem at all. Everything you need to raise the machine is included, even the wooden blocks that are the correct measurement for the machine height. Michale takes all the guess work out.

When it comes to using the CL, you are going to be shocked at how easy it is to use. I think that is why some people don't charge very much for the quilting, they think it was too easy to do so they feel guilty for charging the normal price for this type of quilting.

You are going to love it....trust me!

Nice quilt. Love the colors:)

My husband is all thumbs so I do everything myself. I just installed edgeriders on my Freedom SR and had to take the machine off the rails twice :mad: because I didn't get enough washers on to clear the compuquilter blocks. I have always had a lot of strength in my arms and back so lifting has never been a problem for me...thank goodness because I am only 5'2".

Beautiful! WOW!! If I could quilt like that................well, I can't, so I won't go into it!

I put the circle lord on myself, and it cleared without having to raise the carriage. Thank God, because the edgeriders were a nightmare to begin with!!

I do have a problem with the basic Circle Lord bumping around and missing the mark. I tried a feathered wreath and they were off about 1/4" at the end of the circle. I think I have it tight enough, but maybe not.

I do love it though!!:D:D

Archived