does anyone know...? (callin kim brunner)

kristina-

here's his 'face'

it was done with a sticker 'kit' called Inanimate stickers that i bought at a local bookstore last year. i change them every so often.

link for stickers:

http://www.perpetualkid.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1849

my machine name is Nemo, hence the clown fish. and i put up my 'frogger' to say hi!

post--13461901692824_thumb.jpg

Way cute! I have no idea why I noticed since I'm usually the most unobservant person in the world!! But Nemo is adorable:P

My DH had just gotten his vinyl cutter when the Millennium got here. So he decided that Millie was really a boy...named Mel (we're a tad short on imagination around here--the Toyota is "Ota," The GMC flatbed is "Jimmy," etc;)) and he promptly cut out letters and stuck them on. However, I think "Mel" needs a face!

And Shannon, I just realized that we call our Border, Hank, Doodlebug. Usually he's just "bug" for short, sometimes "doodler," but often, "doodlebug."

Hi.

I just got a pair of Grip Lite side clamps at the Kingsmen booth at MQX in New Hampshire. I was disappointed to find the cords attached to them are extremely thin (maybe a 1/2" at most wide). They are a two-sided velcro type material that has the hook on one side and loop on the other. I like the wide clamping surface but no not like super thin straps.

Nothing is perfect!

Lisa

Zoinks! Man, I turn my back for one minute and look what sorts of hijinks you kids get up to!

Sorry to be so tardy in responding to this thread. I got back from the first round of spring shows to find that my first DVD had been picked up for review in Fons and Porter (whoa! shocked! totally not expecting that! <she says, hyperventilating wildly>) and had a landslide of orders waiting for me. Now that I've come up for air, let me answer your questions about my clamps.

They are not featherlite or griplite or any other light. They're mine, made by DH, bless his heart. They are about 6 inches long and covered in a non-slip coating so they don't go anywhere until you want them to. Because of their length, they hold your backing fabric much more smoothly and consistently than the little one inch wide clamps do, IMO. They are slightly heavier than regular clamps, but since I always use a yardstick to hold up my clamps to keep them comepletely out my way as I quilt my borders, I have never noticed their weight at all.

I have some sets that I talked DH into making last fall and never did anything with since I got sidetracked by the making of Twirly Whirly Feathers. My original intent was to package them with strips of velcro and elastic, which I have not yet gotten around to because of all of the shiny things that have recently been distracting me. If you want to buy a set and attach them to your own velcro or elastic (which is so easy that anyone can do it, even a doofus like me who does not know one end of a screwdriver from the other), that's fine with me. If you want to wait for me to figure out the velcro and elastic, you'll have to be patient with me as I still have two more shows and a graduation to get through before I will have time to attack that issue.

If you want 'em now, email me at Kimmyquilt @ aol.com (remove the spaces)

I hpe to see lots of you in SLC and KC!

Archived