12 ft or 14 ft table? edgerider wheels?

If you have room for the 14 ft GO FOR IT! I have a 12 ft due to limited space and it works great but I have had a top or two that just fits on the table but not quite enough space to put my side tension grips on.

Edgerider wheels are after market white wheel that makes your machine glide like butter. My machine was a little stiff before I put my wheels on, now my turns are much better and I can control the machine without feeling like I'm fighting with it.

I would suggest talking to your service rep about the wheels. Ask the expert--the manufacturer--which is better for YOUR machine. It seems they are a perfect fit for some machines, but not for all machines. There are other adjustments you can do to your machine to make it smoother before you spend $160 for wheels.

Go for the 14 foot table! Even if you don't need it all the time, it gives you some exercise to have to walk around to the other side!:P I love my 14 ft table.

Bonnie Botts! I read in one of the questions at some point that you liked yours.(If i remember correctly :)

I am getting a 2009 used machine from APQS. Can't afford both the h lift and the power advance so i am going with the power advance. And the 14 foot table -THANKS!! now that my dream machine is going to be a reality i am scared to death! I think i'll get over it though.

Congrats on your purchase! I bought my 2007 used from APQS. I love it; only wish I could do some of the upgrades that you can on the 2008 models and beyond. You'll love the fabric advance. I'm hoping to add the hydraulic lift soon.

You'll only be scared until you start playing...then you'll be excited!!:P

YES YES YES I love my edgeriders. I have an older older machine and it was like going from pushing a heavy stone to slicing melted butter....you can't even begin to imagine the difference until you try them. It was an answer to a very long prayer session....My shoulders would hurt from the hours and hours of being bent over and literally hauling the head around....now I can quilt all day and it doesn't hurt.

As far as the 14 foot bed...in the 12 years that I have had my machine there have only been twice I wished I had a bigger table...so it all depends on what you need and what you have room for. More than the cost. If you feel your going to max out a 12 foot table then go the 14 if you have the room.

I say go with the 14' as long as you have the room. Better too much than too little. When you have a great opportunity for a great quilt and have to turn it down because you don't have enough table.to handle it. With the mattresses and box springs getting deeper now I wouldn't want to take the chance. Plus, you'll have the space to park the machine off the quilt.

Archived