Pictures of a friend's quilt

Kristina,

I will take a picture of it when I get home in a few days. I'm still away on vacation. I made it (or, at least started it) at a workshop by "Lizzie-B-Cre8tive." They are 2 gals who are sister-in-laws and both their names are Elizabeth Hawkins. They both love to quilt and over the years came out with their own pattern line and travel around doing guild workshops. They are both talented and entertaining. I think this is their web site. www.lizziebcre8ive.com

The pattern is called La Vie en Rose. I bought several of their patterns, but this is the only one I made so far.

The directions are for raw edge. The way they teach their applique is to just cut out your flowers, lay them on the background and then straight stitch (on your domestic machine) about 1/8th inch inside of the applique. I think they suggested using a fabric glue to hold them in place until you stitch them down. After everything is quilted, they say to throw the quilt in the washer and dryer to encourage the edges of the applique to fray a bit.

It was a fun project.

Archived