BENDABLE LIGHT QUESTION

Does someone out there have one of those LED bendable lights that plugs into your laser light plug in on the machine?

And...if not, where do you run your cord if your LED light comes with a long regular plug in cord?

I'm in need one one..a.s.a.p.

My eyes are getting OLD and i'm quilting on black fabric, doing the basket weave.

I'd like one ( a light) like....NOW!

Maybe Joann's or Hancocks have one??????

I was seriously 'cord challenged' on my Hinty V17 once the SLR was added, along with 2 lights. The machine has a wood box base so I had an electrician (my big brother) come put a plug in the ceiling directly above the center of the frame. I bought a surge protector strip and attached to the base of the machine. I have one cord going to the ceiling and all others are routed to the base, wound neatly and secured, out of the way. I also have a hook and eye in the ceiling about 12" from the outlet(in the direction of the back of the machine) so that the cord actually hangs from there and is not pulling itself out. I went round & round with big bro about this as he just could not see what the issue was! (Bro could not figure out why the plug had to be in the center of the frame....why couldn't it be over near the wall?) Oh, and it cost me a quilt!!! Big Brothers, ya gotta love em!

Ok. I went to the Bernina store inside Hancocks, and got the small led light for $50.00.

I'm thinking I can just plug it into the plug in the back of the machine where the laser light goes, since I hardly ever use the laser light anyway!

I am at work currently, and cant wait to try it when I get home!

I'm thinking im gonna LUV it!

I have one of those bendable lights but it has a regular pronged "thingy" that goes into an outlet. Sheri, does yours have something else? My DH used plastic ties to mount a surge protector to the bottom of my table so I can plug in my air compressor and light.

I have one and I use my laser light plug for it, It comes with little hooks to put the cord in so it is not hanging all over. and it has a tab that sticks to the side of the machine to put it in. If you order from Checkers they carry them and the extra light holders so you can move it to your sewing machine.

:D

I've tried some of those stick-on LED lights, but they just don't put out enough light. If your new purchase does the trick for you, please share photos of the light & how you've attached it to your machine. Thanks!

Pat

AZ:cool:

Mille

I put an extension plug in the plug-in on the back of my machine where the laser light plugs in. It gives me 3 plug-ins in place of the one. I can then plug in my laser light and bendable light as well. I goty mine at Home Depot I think, for just a couple of bucks.

Hi, Sheri,

I ordered one of those lights from Sew Thankful a couple of months ago. I LOVE it!! It does plug right into the laser light outlet on the back of the machine. I have a 2005 Millie and never was happy with the light bar. It seemed to be in the way of my field of vision. My husband did move it behind the needle bar for me, but I still needed more light. This little light does the trick and the neat thing is you can position it where you need it. I would take a picture, but my camera bit the dust and the new one won't be here until Monday!

Have a great holiday weekend, everyone! :cool:

I have a Bendable Bright Light that I use on my DSM. Mine has a regular three pronged plug for a wall outlet. That would not fit my 08 Millie. Are there some available now that just have one prong to fit into the laser outlet on the Millies or do some of the machines have a regular outlet on them?

Sue

I will go get my hubbys camera. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

When I got home from work, I went straight upstairs, mounted it, plugged it into the back of my machine where the laser light goes, and OMG.

Yes, I moved my lightbar to the backside to enhance and widen my viewing area, and now, where I placed this light, I can REALLY see every dang stitch I take! WHOAH, I am sooo impressed with this little bugger!

BRB after I finish eating my late dinner this eve. I'll post a pic.

What great timing. I'd gotten one of the bendable bright lights through EE Schenck just this week and have planned on moving my light bar to the back after taking the maintenance class at MQX. This thread had me wondering whether the bright light had 3 prongs and my milli only two. I'm so glad to see you were able to make it all work so well.

Was it tough to move your light bar?

Okay, I admit it! I have been a lurker here for quite some time! Today, I am moved to join in to ask Sheri...how and why did you move the light bar? and what is that other thing attached to your handles? Thanks, I have enjoyed this forum and have learned many things. Irene

Archived