My New Bobbin UnWinder

Guest Linda S

You gals are just too silly! How fun.

I unwind mine onto a new bobbin also. Of course, if you're going to use the thread, you need to re-wind it onto another bobbin or your twist will be going the wrong way. I generally only worry about it for hand sewing, but sometimes it makes a difference on the machine.

I had never been one to use pre-wound bobbins until I just tried the magna glide and magna quilt bobbins from Fil-Tec (http://www.bobbincentral.com) Have any of you tried them? I've had disastrous results with pre wounds before, but I was playing on a practice piece last week and decided to throw in one of the magna glide bobbins I had been given instead of using a "good" bobbin. When I unzipped the practice piece, I couldn't believe how nice the backing looked! I'm trying these again.

Party on gals! ;) I am also grateful that there is no web-cam in my studio. I've done some pretty stupid stuff myself!

Please consider there is some hefty weight to that electric drill - you could use it to do some arm curls and other various exercises to help eliminate that arm flab. Has anyone considered using the belly bar as a "ballet" bar? That could work... If exercise is the goal - we could surely come up with some creative solutions and still take care of that pesky bobbin. (deep knee bends to pick it up off the floor, etc...)

Joann

who loves her George...

Hey Sheri. I figured after 4 years it was time to put something up. I'll have to find a closer pic now that I've finally figured out how to get an Avatar to show up. That picture was taken several years ago on vaca in Seattle. We went to the Lewis tower and this was on the top floor. If I remember correctly, it was called the Chinese Room. Supposedly anyone single who sits in the chair is married within a year. Obviously it didn't work!! They also had on display some ceiling tiles that I laid on the floor and took tons of pictures. Great inspiration for quilt designs!!

Hmmm Joann. I like the belly/ballet bar idea. You could also use the belly bar and takeup bar as parallel bars to practice your gymnastics routine. Or maybe a balance beam?? :P:P Who am I kidding?? I have trouble with cartwheels and somersaults on a floor. Who know what might happen on a skinny bar. I think I'll stick with twirling my wooden skewers.

Originally posted by dtreusch

............Supposedly anyone single who sits in the chair is married within a year.

Hey Deb! In the photo, you look like the lovely princess (that you are) who is sitting upon her throne while reining over her quilty world! :)

PS: I remember in an earlier post you mentioned carving several months out later this year to focus on YOUR quilts! Good for you! I can't wait to see how "Romancing the Stone" will turn out. I imagine it to be absolutely spectacular. You and the quilting machine make a great team and you two do some amazing things together.

post--13461902121859_thumb.jpg

Yep Shana. I've carved out the time to do my quilts next year, which is what I really want to be doing at this time. I'm still doing customer quilts (gotta support the quilting habit), but have cut back a bit and then IQ is helping to free up even more time. Some of my customers are freaking out that I might not be able to do their quilt and they don't want to book to far in advance. Others are fine and are just booking their quilts ahead of time. I'm about 3/4 booked up for next year at the moment and one customer has booked some into 2011!!

Knowing that I can start working on Romancing the Stone again in August is great incentive this month to work even harder to get the customer quilts done and out the door.

Are you working on a South of the Border quilt? I have an idea, but haven't done much with it yet other than research and some designing. I think awhile back MB said she was ready to buy some fabric for hers.

Originally posted by dtreusch

Are you working on a South of the Border quilt?

:) Well... I have a few "ideas" but haven't started anything yet... :cool: Of course, both of my conceptual ideas I've never done these techniques before so I am a bit intimidated! Why does Shana attempt to do new things and think she's gonna put them in a quilt show? LOL! :P

Plus (darn it) I don't get to exercise my flappy underarm thingies....

Julia, my grandson (7) calls those 'upside down muscles'. Go take a look and you're sure to agree with him. I sure do!!! I can honestly say I have muscles! :-)

Hi Debbie,

If you strategically place a 16 penny nail in a block of wood or in a wall out of the way of eyes and parts of your body you wouldn't want poked of stabbed, cut the head off, file it smooth, which can be done before you hammer it. Hang one, two,or three bobbins on it and pull away all at the same time. Nothing rattles, flies away or hides in the only corner you can't reach under a sewing cabinet, etc. Sew Have Fun!!----Dave B. www.countryquiltsncrafts.com

Archived