On my frame - finally finished

Abigail - I started at the corners of the block and went to the corners of where the strips meet. The blocks are half colored and half light so I did the same thing on either side. Does that make sense?

Kath - I float all of my quilt because I find it much easier to do. It has worked well for me so far. But I am a hobby quilter and a beginner so I haven't done that many quilts. The first quilt I did I put it on the regular way and it took me forever. My APQS rep showed me how to float and says she floats all of hers too.

Wow! Lovin' this ! How did you think to do this? It's going to be incredible.

Ann, putting the light in the middle would never have occured to me at all. I don't know that I would have figured out right away what was strange about the design until the peicing was finished and I stood back to look at It. Thanks for the tip, I would imagine it would apply to any circular type design.

• 3 weeks later...

I know its been a long time, but I finally finished this quilt. I can tell I still need alot of practice, but I had a lot of fun quilting this quilt.

A few of you mentioned you wanted to see finished photo's so here are a few.

Also Renae asked about the batting and thread. I used Hobbs 80/20 batting.

The light background thread was bottom line, cream. On the colored blocks I used Rainbows, Jester

post--13461902403475_thumb.jpg

Archived