embroidered quilt, need ideas

This quilt was hand embroidered by the same lady that made that BEAUTIFUL quilt with the old fashioned bonnet ladies. This quilt is also STUNNING!! I have a few ideas , but would like your imput! I am putting more than one picture, so you can just see how pretty it is! I want to do the same treatment in each block. There are 9 of them. I just cannot get over her handwork! She is 76 years young!!!

post--13461902415452_thumb.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

depending on how large the embroidery designs are here is what I would try to do,. My art work isnt very good because I am using my finger on a laptop as a mouse. gee I wonder why I cant make round feathers, but you should get the idea.

circle around the design, feather around the circles to the green chain and crosshatch inside the circle to the embroidery and either cc or terry twist the green chain.

post--13461902417041_thumb.jpg

I like Meg's idea, stay with traditional quilting. Looks like she did and excellent job with her handwork and piecing and pressing too!!! Such a very sweet quilt - I would love to see cross-hatching on here. Looks like her blocks are well done and it would line up well.

How big are those little dolls faces anyhow?? Would they need any quilting within themselves do you think? Perhaps adding dimension to the bonnets??

Good Luck - and besure to post some "after" photos. (please!!)

I have not seen a green and white before, lots of Red, some blue.... but not green. Nice change!

Archived