I need some ideas!!! Pleeeease

This is more of a banner style quilt so treat each block differently and with minimal detail. I would add a bit of detail to the smaller traditional blocks..house, tree, leaf blocks. I would also have fun in the border.....clouds in the top border, trees or grasses in the green side borders and the really play in the blue bottom border for the water ( ripples, swirls even some fish). Let you quilting shine where it will be seen in the borders.

Make sure you post pictures when it is done and also when it is hanging at the City Hall!:)

This is like walking into a candy store. . .Caron took the words out of my mouth. I see waterfalls, clouds, swags in the trees, put some birds in the air and hidden shapes in the darker areas. Add little motifs of interest sort of like an "I Spy" quilt so people will look and say, "Oh, Look at the eagle soaring above the building..." "Hidden bear in the woods", whales and fish in the blue etc.

That town logo needs some attention--Caron said stipple the background--I agree, white on white. . .

Oh so many possibilities. Go for it! You can do it........and please share with us your victory:D

It definitely needs each block treated as its own picture postcard.

Think of the weather inn the area windy ksies, cloudy days sunshine rays.

What about other local features , can these be incorporated into the plainer blocks.

This is a quilt to showcase the area. Make sure it also showcases your individuality as a quilter.

Lyn

Hi Tracey: Under separate email I sent you a collection of photos of a quilt I did for Mom where I treated each block separately with it's own sampler of stitches just for fun and got a chance to experiment. Keep in mind that you'll probably be successful with any collection of stitches you want to try. Have fun with it.

http://www.freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/

Try out this site for some background fill ideas.

Vicki

Archived