NQR - a REAL Doodlebug

DH is harvesting hazelnuts---Yup it's that time of year again. He just called me to come look at this. Here I am inside PPP Claudia's feathers and he finds the original organic-type doodlebug in the orchard. This bug is doodling better than I am!!:P:P I think he got a little disoriented after the sweeper disrupted his meanderings.:)

How about those e's and l's, huh!!:P:P

Shannon, I couldn't resist posting this for you!

post--13461902684196_thumb.jpg

I thought it was entertaining to go out there and see DH and one of the workers standing there watching this little beetle doodling in the dust.

You are right Chris, I get a lot of inspiration from colors this time of year. Now I will start looking for "doodles" in the dust. :D

Catherine, that's funny. :P:P

Imagine what it's like getting off the merry-go-round and trying to walk in a straight line. I think that's what happened to this little bug. He kept wanting to hide under dirt clods and holes in the dirt when I was trying to take his picture. He's really fast. and he knows how to play "dead". He finally stopped under a clod; I moved it and he just sat there. I prodded him and turned him over on his back and he immediately started squirming until he righted himself--and took off again.

Originally posted by Boni

I prodded him and turned him over on his back and he immediately started squirming until he righted himself--and took off again.

i don't take kindly to being flipped over either...i do more than 'squirm'

:P:P

wonder if you could get that bug to use a LA...pay it in hazelnuts....Hmmmm

Archived