"Sho me da money"

Just finished a panto for a lady who brought it to me at 8:30am today. It's now 3:30 and I'm done. Got to love those big pantos. Anyway, it was a ba quilt and I got $193 for it. Taking time out for lunch and phone calls, I think I made $27 per hour. How often does that happen? Just took off a 3 day custom last night for $87. Yikes!! Was fun tho!!!

Kristina, I charge .15 per sq inch for any panto and that includes the batting of their choice. I keep about 5 different types on hand. Wool is not an option. Roxanne, I keep getting my emails back fm the msg. site. I don't know why. I have responded to all your msgs only to get then returned. Loved having you here. Would like to do it again some time. Didn't take pix-rarely do. Just too stinkin far behind. I do know where my camera is tho!!LOL

This is why I am a panto only business ;)

I also admire all of you who can do those gorgeous custom quilts, with the feathers and freehand designs. But unfortunately right now with my life the way it is (in the middle of raising my kids) there dosen't seem to be any $ left over to pay for classes and deffinately no time left in a day for practice, practice, practice. But once they are all grown I would really like to focus more in the custom area, probably not for my business but deffinately for my own quilts.

Marie, Do you mean 1 1/2 cents per square in? The way you wrote it says 15 cents!! Is that what you get? WHew! if so!! !! :o linda Just read it again.... I guess if you are including the batting, that' s not that bad.... I charge for batting... it is not included in my pricing. Makes sense now.. sorry!

Marie, how can you include batting in that rate? Do you get a super cheap deal? My pantos start at .015c/sq in all the way up to .02, custom, and that includes a small meander, starts at .02 and goes up from there. Just got a new panto from www.Quiltscomplete.com called "Fascination", loaded and quilted it on a 71" x 88" Quilt in less than 1.5 hour for $93.72, batting extra. Yep, would be nice to have 3 per day, 5 days a week!

Originally posted by MarieBrewer

Kristina, I charge .15 per sq inch for any panto and that includes the batting of their choice. I keep about 5 different types on hand. Wool is not an option.

Wow you must not make much on a quilt. I can't imagine charging that little plus including batting. I wouldn't be in business if I did that. The only thing that I do on a consistant bases is provide a guild 10% discount on the quilting portion only. No discount is applied to batting or thread (only charge for specialty threads).

Archived