NQR Prayer request

We are putting our house on the market today. DH works for G.M. and his plant is closing. The good news is he has a job, the not so good news ... the new job is 95 miles from our home. He started the new job in Sept. and has been commuting daily. We have deciced not to move closer to the new job but rather to retire and move to the beautiful Michigan north. Not the best timing but not under our control, we can't afford our current home on his pention so he will have to hang in until we sell. We are of course scared and excited. We are praying for God to open the doors, and keep DH safe on the road while we wait on the Lord.

Kim

will be praying that you will have a swift sale on your house and find the perfect home in upper Michigan for both you, your husband and your Millie. Are you going to the upper peninsula?

Some of my nephews live someplace around there. All I know is it is very, very cold and snowy. But hey if you are retired and can sit back inside and watch the snow fly that is wonderful!! best of luck!

Good Morning,

I can understand your anxiety. Nine years ago we wanted to be in the forest and not in town. We couldn't get our house sold, but went ahead and found a contractor, added a home onto our cabin and prayed for a buyer of the house in town. Our second cousin retired from SanDiego and they bought our home in town. ( She's a quilter also and has all the good vibes from my old sewing room. Everything has worked out, we are retired and living in the forest. It will work out for you, just have faith. We will say a prayer for your husbands safe travel.

Mountainquilter

Diana

Kim - I'll be praying for all to come together at just the right time. And some times, God's timing isn't ours but there is always a reason for that and some day we will know why. Hang in there and keep standing firm. I'll be praying for your DH's commute each day. Blessings on you. Start packing, you never know in this economy what or when, but God is faithful. :)

Times are scary but I too believe then when God closes a door a window is opened. It happened to me when I was laid off two plus years ago. I retired and several months later was able to buy JJ my milli. Just try to hold in there. I will be praying for you and your DH.

Pamela

With the $8,000 tax incentive good thru the end of Nov for first time home buyers, having your house ready is great. But you have to be able to close by then. Make sure you tell your realtor/broker to put; "can close quick, not a short sale or foreclosure" on your listing so that you get lots of hits. Short sales and foreclosures can't always close in such a quick time fashion this puts your house looking much better. Good luck.

Prayers added, always.

Kim - When I read your post this a.m., I knew nothing about Northern Michigan, but I had never heard anything about it either. Mostly I hear about the gloomy skies and auto industry unemployment. But, coincidentally, out of the blue, a coworker of my husband sent some beautiful pictures of Michigan and I must say I'm totally blown away! That's quite a secret!

Now I'm doubly jealous...that you're retiring and to such a beautiful place. My prayers are with you and your husband as you navigate this new course.

Well said, Boni.

Anita

Thank you everyone so much for the support and prayers. It warms my heart. And Jeanne we are going to stay in the lower peninsula, probably the Frankfort area. We love lake Michigan, cross country skiing, biking and hiking, boating a fishing all the northern outdoorsy stuff.

I was a bit sad when I drove out of the driveway past the new For Sale sign today, but I know all will be well. I think part of my problem is the empty nest thing, my youngest got married this summer. Seems like so many changes in such a short time. I will be a blessing to get where we are going and slow down.

Kim,

I know how it feels to have a house on the market now. My husband has been working in Wausau, WI since July and I am in the Richmond, VA area. Our house has been on the market since Sept '08. It finally sold this Sept '09. We got $42,000 less than the appraised and assessed value, but it is sold, which I am thankful for. I am moving at the end of this month and I am counting my blessings.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy sale. I know it is hard to move especially when there are so many memories in a home.

Archived