I'm here...

We arrived Saturday. What a pain getting out of Richmond. It took the movers until 8:30pm on Wednesday to load the shuttle and reload the moving van. Needless to say, I was exhausted along with the dogs and cats (who lived in the MB bathroom for 11 hours). But Boo(the cat) wasn't happy with her bathroom accommodations at the motel either (even with me trying to sleep on the floor with her). I got 2 hours sleep the first night and 4 hours the next night. :oThank goodness Jessica, my DD, drove the first day and some of the second. The 3rd night we had a suite style room so Boo was allowed to roam the part with out the beds (she'll climb up inside the box springs if there is a space, so this is why she was in the bathroom). We all slept much better.

Other than that the trip was uneventful, which is always good. The moving van came yesterday. Yes, the unloading went far move quickly (no shuttle this time):D So now, I am living in a sea of boxes:o

Hoping to quilt by the end of the month even if everything is not sorted out.

I am glad to be back on line and to read all your great posts!

Originally posted by Stagecl

I should mention that the box of books, quilting fabric and crafts were a lot! We only moved with 18,240 lbs...the moving van was ours alone:P:P:o:o

You sound me when I moved to New York....almost a third of the load was LA, Books, fabric and general gotta haves from the studio....and NOW I wonder why I moved it all....:P:P

SO glad your safe and sound and in one place with DH...that is always an important thing.

Glad that you go there safe and sound. And what would we do without all of our 100 favorite books, 100's of yds of favorite fat quarters and not to mention all our favorite rulers, templates and all the other favorite accessories for LA'ing? After I moved in here, it took me about 6 weeks to get the "studio" organized and up and running. I hope that you will be able to take care of lots of those boxes very quickly and get yourself settled. ;)

Dear ALL: Ran away from home with one bag, attended college with only what would fit in the back seat of a car. Got married to a corporate guy, the company moved us many times, always completely on their tab, weight and number of trucks no object, (did I mention 4 children came along too?).I have collected over a 1000 books, fabric, 4 machines, Milli, gardening equipment, a lot of solid wood furniture (craved it after living out of boxes for so many years!) magazines, crafts, you name it I've got it. You guessed it, husband retired, I truly don't know HOW I'm going to be able to move without "hiring " some of my sons to help....Lord help the three cats, elderly and set in their ways.....:D

Cheryl, I'm glad it's all behind you now, the houses, the move, the angst, With your first quilt finished in the new house everything will be great. Many of my friends are "downsizing" and I find that they have a lot more trouble with it before they actually start, than after it's done and they have so much less cleaning to do:P:P:P Pat

This was the hardest move...I think it was because I was in one place for too long:o:o and collected too much:P Lastly, I am older:)

Bonnie,

I am glad I am not alone:P:P Although, I did give a small amount away but not enough:o I just didn't have the time to sort it all out and pack.

I'll feel more settled once the kitchen is unpacked and I can find the silverware:o:o It is hiding out...I think I forgot to mark that box and it might be in one marked misc.:P:P

Cheryl,

I've moved many times and I always am so glad to get everything unpacked and back in its place. I used to have everything done in 3 days! Yes I'm possessed! Our last move it took me a week to get all boxes put away. Hubby is on year 7 and still has boxes he hasn't gone through completely :mad::mad::mad:! So true that opposites attract.

Heres to hopin you feel at home quickly and enjoy the new house!

OMG Cheryl - it is so hard to move and to down size????? been there, done that and it was sooooooo hard, but now that I am used to the smaller space (& yes less house work), it is all worth it - but so hard to get to this point. I am so glad you are safely in your new home & I agree about getting the kitchen set up - for me it was always the kitchen, bathroom and the bed - after that, just room by room......... Best wishes & I hope you settle quickly!!!:D

Vicki,

My problem is - if I start looking through a box that hasn't been opened, I start to think of all things I can do with what is in the box. Especially if it is fabric:P:P or any other creative endeavor.

Heidi,

I am in awe that you could unpack in three days! Did you sleep, eat and shower?:o

Liam,

When it gets a little more under control in the house I let you know and we can get together for lunch. I look forward to meeting you too.

Thank you everyone for all the kind thoughts!

Originally posted by Stagecl

Vicki,

Heidi,

I am in awe that you could unpack in three days! Did you sleep, eat and shower?:o

LOL I told you I was possessed! Before the movers come in I go through everything and get rid of any junk. I used to do this with the change of seasons. I hate clutter! Hubby is a packrat so I usually tried to do it when he was away. I'll never forget our first move when I went up to the space above our garage and started chucking. I had a huge pile that was going out. I didn't get it out quick enough and hubby ended up putting back 3/4's of it! Lesson learned. Normally I did the whole house and hubby did the garage stuff in 3 months! Drove me crazy but I refused to do his part. I'm slower now and it would take me at least a week or two.

Archived