A Special Prayer

I saw this poem today and thought of all my friends on this chat. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Drinking From My Saucer

I've never made a fortune, and it's probably too late now.

But I don't worry about that much, I'm happy anyhow.

And as I go along life's way,

I'm reaping better than I sowed,

I'm drinking from my saucer,

'Cause my cup has overflowed.

Haven't got a lot of riches,

and sometimes the going's tough

But I've got loving ones all around me,

and that makes me rich enough.

I thank God for his Blessings,

and the Mercies He's bestowed.

I remember times when things went wrong,

My faith wore somewhat thin.

But all at once the dark clouds broke,

and the sun peeped through again.

So Lord, help me not to gripe,

about the tough rows I have hoed.

If God gives me strength and courage,

When the way grows steep and rough,

I'm not asking for other Blessings,

I'm already Blessed enough.

And may I never be too busy,

to help others bear their loads..

Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer,

When I think of how many people in this world have it

worse than I do, I realize just how Blessed We really are!

Thank you!!

Many of us in general complain about the "inconveniences" we have in our day to day lives... Our tension is screwed up on the longarm, we can't find the perfect pattern for the quilt, the batting is giving my quilt pokies, we hate traffic, canceled appointrments, fitting into our jeans because we've gained 10 pounds, waiting in line at the grocery store, rude people, laundry, chores, the job, cleaning the house, the price of fuel, etc... There are a lot of people in 3rd world countries whose daily worry is if there child will have a meal today. All of us go through life's ups and downs but somehow through our resources we are able to pull through. We here on this chat have so many blessings. I try not to get upset about the silly inconveniences I meet every day. We are all very blessed here. I am so fortunate in many ways.

In 100 years from now, not many people will remember us "regular average people" who lived in the 21st century, but those who are here living with us now will remember. Let's live for now and make it the best for all we encounter. In 100 years from now, the next sets of generations will face different challenges than we have now but still have the same daily worries. But the constant is love and acceptance and. That will never change.

OK I am getting a little too deep here...... :cool:

Thanks for reminding me to keep it all in check.

Thank you April and thank you Shana for your thoughts. You are absolutely right.

Sometimes I ask myself how can I live with all the good things here when millions of people in the world didn't know how to survive the day. But I'm one of the "regular average people" and not an Albert Schweitzer or Mother Theresa. So I have to do the best thing I can do in the place where I am, maybe sometimes for the joy and help of some people just around me.

Besides this is what I love this forum for! Here are so many LA tipps, help, motivation, inspiration and and and ... but also much fun and sometimes almost philosophical topics.

Best wishes to you all! :)

Archived