Lone Star unstained

It's really a matter of personal preference. I prefer pure snow white, especially for patriotic quilts with red and blue (our flag is NOT red, beige, and blue). But if you prefer beige to white as some people do, go for the tea bag! It's your quilt. Do whatever floats your boat! You don't need anyone else's permission!

I like it it is, but I see what Joyce is talkings about. I think you'd have to use a small to medium stipple in a shade of beige or tan on the darker side of a mid shade for it to effect the color. There was a quilt at the 2008 Houston show that was done by "inda Taylor and Cheri Meineke Johnson that Linda used this technique on. From a distance the light background area looked almost colorwashed in different pastels. Up close you could see shed done a small stipple in different pastels of every color in differnt areas and the white background picked up each color from a distance. I might have pics of that one. If I do I'll post them tomorrow.

Penny

Did you add the stars across the top with the blue under them as a pillow tuck?

and by the way I love the white. I have a lonestar which needs to be longer for the pillows and I have been trying to decide what to add for the pillow section. I had thought of Lemoyne stars. It looks great!

Archived