PLEASE POST PICTURES TO THE OTHER THREAD, NOT THIS ONE PLEASE. IT WILL MAKE IT EASIER FOR US TO KEEP UP WITH THE QUILT PICTURES.

Mary Beth

Okay girls, and guys...I know you are stocking up on those templates and I know there are a lot of you out there that already have a truck load of templates. My challenge to you, is to put those templates on some real quilts and post those pictures. After seeing what Deb Levy can do with the CL, I don't see why we can't do those things too. Your quilts will be beautiful with a little imaginations added to a dose of CL magic.

The reasons for the challenge are this:

1. I have a file I call "Inspirations" and I fill it with pictures of your quilting that I want to try.

2. My file has been dormate lately :( I need some inspirations.

I know, I know, you are trying to get Christmas out of the way. I understand that, I'm talking after Christmas.

Now, it's one thing to see the template stitched out on a practice piece, thats all good and fine and I like those pictures too. But I want to see some real application - put it on a real quilt.

Disclaimer - This message was brought to you out of sheer selfishness. I am not being paid by the CL team. I do not receive endorsements from CL. I am just completely selfish and want to see what you can do. Oh, and I too will participate in this challenge.

Thank you for your time;)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mary Beth,

This is a great idea! It will make us think of new & fun things. Thanks for suggesting it.

I finally finished my huge 122" quilt with 86 stars, SID and background in all batiks. It has 86 CL feathers on it! The customer loved it and I am glad it is in her house now!!

My home computer is dead...we may be able to have it repaired. Fortunately, we have an external back-up (Maxtor)...I only hope it works!! We hope to get it to the repair guy this week to see if it can be fixed. So, I'll post pix when it's up and running again. For now, I'm using my 9 y/o son's computer.

Lisa

APQS Liberty

NW NJ

Circle Lord

I will be starting a quilt w/lots of open space in January so I am going to play with the CL and try to do something special. She's a good friend/boss and always goes out of her way for me. Right now I am going to bake cookies and finish getting ready for Christmas. Am anxious to try the spiral thingy and work from the front.

Okay, Mary Beth, you are such an "arm twister".

I am in Colorado right now (brrrrrrrittttttttos - below zero!!!).

But as soon as I get back to warm Hawaii - I will accept your CHALLENGE - you are ON, girl!

PS I've been playing CL from the front of the machine - what fun, but it is a practice piece and yes, it was "easy peasy"!

Count me in too, Mary Beth!I just finished a HUGE quilt using the Swirls template. It is a "beach/sand/surf kind of quilt and the whole while I was quilting I kept thinking the Swirls looked like nautilus shells!! I'll post a pic of that as soon as I get my batteries charged up.................for MY CAMERA, although I think I might need a charge too! Wine, here I come!

AW, Mary Beth, no muslin practice pieces? I just started working on one last night. I finally got a chance to give my front system a good try, along with the Spiro Thingy, and actually made circles, too. What a novel idea, to use the Circle Lord to make circles! :D It is so cool! I'll have to piece a quilt for this challenge, which could be a challenge in itself :P Only in my dreams can I quilt even half as good as Deb Levy, but I have fun trying. Count me in!

Mercedes...whe you get yours you can join right in...even if it is not in the near future. I am thinking that this is something we can keep going. I mean, what if we all come up with some totally awesome quilts. Then we are going to have to do it again to try to out do ourselves. The possiblities are endless.

When you add them as an attachment, you can only put one picture in each message. Sooo, you hit the reply button, type your message, click "browse" then find your picture in your file. The picture needs to be about 640 x 480 or so. Then post reply. You can't view it first or you lose the picture. I don't know about Snapfish - I use webshots.

Joyce,

Isn't it amazing how easy the CL is to use and how good it make us loo...I mean our quilts look ;)

Yes, I think this is a good challenge idea...if I must say so myself :cool::) After seeing what can be done from Deb Levy's site...not saying any of us are in that league...but, it shows us what we can achieve with some imagination. So I started thinking, we CL junkies have the templates, some we use, some we just pet....we need to slap them on a quilt and really see what we can do.

Practice pieces are fine...but won't fly in this challenge. We need to see it on a real quilt. So many times we use the template on a practice piece and think it looks goovy (hows that for talking about these templates :D I crack myself up), but we can't really find a use for them on a "real" quilt.

I say use those templates then embelish. Use your imagination.

And I just want to add...thank you all for joining in. This is going to be fun.

And if you are still thinking about getting the CL, you too can join in....and don't foget the payment plan...Michael makes it easy ;)

Archived