Circlelord Challenge - Voting time now

circlelord

georgene -

all your quilt are lovely - that for sure.

but, i love how you took your moms' dresses and made that wonderful quilt. i wish i had been so thoughtful when my mom died a few years ago. we donated all her clothes, thinking it was the right thing to do. in my greif - i never thought of a quilt.

too bad, too. i know my sisters would have loved that.

meg

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posting for Nannie Diggs:

I made up this pattern using Moda charm squares on the front and a stunning complementary sunflower motif for the backing. The CL square dance template was a great choice on this colorful quilt. It is an easy template to follow and provides great results. Quilt measures approximately 52 x 68.”

Nannie

post--13461903680252_thumb.jpg

Here is a quilt done with the zigzag template. I think the pattern sequence is nicknamed 'Two Lips', but Michael - you can correct me on this. I tried some tips with picture making, but I still need work.

I did this one floating the quilt top. I think it is a bit easier this way to meet the previous points when rolling up the quilt.

post--13461903710093_thumb.jpg

We should be getting very close to the 300 mark.

Blue and White China - Swirlz

This is a lap size quilt made by Donna M. from charm squares. She has it displayed in her dining room because it matches her blue and white china.

It's a simple quilt and yet the swirlz give it sophistication and helps it look like the dishes.

post--13461903713913_thumb.jpg

Templates used: Sunburst and Crosshatching

Batting: Quilter's Dream Puff (Thank you, Seakitten!)

Thread: Superior Polyquilter (top and bottom)

I wanted to try combining several techniques using the CL templates:

1) machine applique on the long arm - I anchored the batik butterflies with the CL Sunburst and then "appliqued" around each butterfly with the Longarm.

2) Raggedy edge Chenille - I applied flannel and satin squares to the surface of the quilt (after it was loaded) using CL Crosshatching. I also cut the chenille raggedy edge style while it was still on the frame.

Lots of fun!

2448508150070690845S425x425Q85.jpg

2491246030070690845S425x425Q85.jpg

2745444990070690845S425x425Q85.jpg

2187314240070690845S425x425Q85.jpg

I have to confess to being a total flake. I set out to make this quilt last week specifically with using the Sakura boards to quilt it with, I just love them and wanted to try them out.

Last night with some help from Michael, I resolved a problem I was having and got everything ready to quilt... when my newly arrived 7 Treasures of Buddha boards caught my eye, and on a whim I decided that would look better on this quilt than the Sakura.

This quilt had a mind of it's own from start to finish!

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

Customer Quilt

This quilt was 58 x 58 inches

The Circles was a panel cut up and put borders around them

All I had to do is out line the pattern in the circles freehand

Then I put the waves template on the outer border

and wavey lines on the smaller borders.

So glad to give the quilt back my eyes were going funny looking at it

post--13461903717812_thumb.jpg

Archived