Circlelord Challenge - Voting time now

circlelord

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a large lap or small twin size quilt. It was pieced by Joedy R, who loves Civil War fabrics and I think bought some of all of the Yorktown, Williamsburg, and Jamestown fabric collection. Her quilts are always so "rich" looking.

I used the Circle Lord Waves template because we used a wool blanket as the batting and didn't need dense quilting. I think the wave was just the right amount of quilting withouit being too much.

post--1346190378057_thumb.jpg

This is a Carolina Courthouse Steps. I like this picture, because it is actually 2 quilts. My friend made the one on the right. I liked it so much that I made my version (on the left) with a bit different fabric selection. Then I quilted mine with the Circle Lord swirls and she liked that so much that she also wanted the Circle Lord swirls on hers. So voila! Here are our two quilts. I layed them side by side, so it almost looks like one quilt. A small difference in the two quilts is that my friend added a piano key border and mne has no border.

post--13461903781277_thumb.jpg

Here is my last contribution for the CL challenge.

It's a Japanese Jigsaw Puzzle quilt, done in batiks.

I used 2 batts, warm & natural with Hobb's Polydown. And superior so fine thread.

I used the CL Tiles template to do the piano key border and the CL Diamonds template for the center of the quilt.

Pic%20download%203-28-10%20001.jpg

Pic%20download%203-28-10%20007.jpg

Here is my latest contribution....

This is a wedding quilt my customer made for her daughter who served in the peace corps in Africa. The fabrics are from Africa. I used the CL Sunburst, Spirals, Square Spirals and Stella templates.

Front of Quilt...

2313638820104810669S425x425Q85.jpg

Front of Quilt Detail....

2041921910104810669S425x425Q85.jpg

Back of Quilt...

2492617230104810669S425x425Q85.jpg

Back of Quilt detail...

2554491230104810669S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks!

Finally getting around to re-posting this quilt from October. It's a faux Baltimore Album, done with pre-printed blocks. I used alternate neutral setting blocks as I needed to stretch it to a queen sized quilt for my niece's wedding gift. Used CL feathered wreaths (turning both clockwise and counter clockwise) in the alternate blocks, and CL tile template to do the piano keyed border. I tried to do a different freehand background filler in each of the "applique" blocks, but did crosshatch more than one. I find my creativity wanes when I'm on a deadline. I put the final stitches in the label at noon, and the wedding was at 2 pm!

post--13461903813827_thumb.jpg

This is a twin size Civil War fabric sampler quilt, pieced by Katie M. as a gift to a Civil War buff. She chose the Circle Lord Clam Shell template because she had researched and learned that the clam shell quilting pattern was used during the Civil War era.

The batting is wool. Notice the tiny pieces in this quilt. I think Katie did great, and she's a fairly new quilter.

post--13461903814493_thumb.jpg

Archived