Circlelord Challenge - Voting time now

circlelord

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW! So many have been added - Love them all!!

Joann - Love the Diamonds on the Puzzle quilt - Perfect!!

Angie - that hand-dyed flannel just looks yummy!!

Joyce - sure looks like you had fun playing with the Spiral thingy!!

I just email a bunch of photos to Mary Beth... I will try and add one here too.....

post--13461903815419_thumb.jpg

that crosshatching in the white really sets it off wonderfully, and the sakura giant template is sooo pretty on Ann's quilt too. I am sorry to see the 31st come as that will mark the end of posting all these wonderful CL quilts, It has been so inspirational to everyone.

Very textural template, great definition. Quilted from the front.

Circle Lord Template: Sunburst on 11 inch squares intertwined in 3 inch sashing.

Batting: Quilters Dream Puff

Backing: Satin

Thread: King Tut "Sunflowers" Top and Bottom

Front:

2754757160070690845S425x425Q85.jpg

Satin Back:

2296953450070690845S425x425Q85.jpg

I too am going to be sad to see this end, so much imagination and talent!

I do say that it seems like the swirls big boards are probably the most used CL product out there :D

Judy, your crosshatched borders are perfect!

Barbara, the sunbursts look great but that satin back, WOW!!!! :cool:

This is a customer quilt and it it huge! Well, big. It was pieced by Pat Krier and I quilted it for Chestnut Ridge Sewing in Millersburg, OH.

I used the Featherz Wreath, micro featherz wreath, Aztec, 18" crosshatch, ZigZag board, 7 Treasures board. The only thing I did freehand was the Border that has daisies and leaves. It was a LOT of work!! I did a lot of SID too.

I think it looks wonderful! What do you think??

Thanks fr all your encouragement!!

post--13461903817898_thumb.jpg

The fabric used in this quilt is Timeless Treasures hand dyed batik. I used two panels and pieced them to make the 60" square quilt. I placed a trio of the elements from the 7 Treasures giant template in each corner and a grouping of four elements in the center of the quilt. I used the front stylus system and the Diamondz template as well as the blade from the basic Circle Lord for the arcs to tie the diamonds, corner and center designs together. I like the 7 Treasures of Buddah template because there is a lot of open area available within the elements for additional quilting and enhancement.

Quilt front

2895877520105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

Quilt front

2376852560105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

Quilt front

2229674610105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

Back

2244640450105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

Back

2638719840105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks, Linnea Marie! The quilt you just posted is absolutely beautiful and I can see you put a great deal of time into it and it looks fabulous! Your customer will love it! :)

I breathed a huge sigh of relief this afternoon when I took this last quilt off of the frame, so glad to have the end of the challenge in sight! I've had a wonderful time working on the quilts and playing with my Circle Lord toys and want to thank everyone for sharing the pictures of their quilts. We have seen some of the most beautiful quilts this past 3 months while we have all accepted the challenge and each quilt has inspired me more. The Circle Lord makes my quilting look good, and I've developed greater confidence in my free motion quilting as a result of this challenge. Not that my free motion quilting looks a great deal better, but the confidence will help improve it. :P So thanks, all you other challenge participants, for a fun and inspiring time!

Archived