Circlelord Challenge - Voting time now

circlelord

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, didn't know that Joy. I just hope we can get 300.

I've got one on the machine now that I hope to get quilted tomorrow. It will be a square dance all over, but it will make us one more closer to 300.

And I'm hoping I'll have time to take one of my own tops out of the closet and quilt it for the contest.

Joy, so glad to see you're still quilting with the CL! :D You hadn't posted for about a week and I thought maybe you just got worn out from doing so many quilts. If you know of some quilts that Michael hasn't posted on the challenge blog perhaps you could send an email to him and identify them. We all want to get to 300, including Michael, so we don't want any left out! Georgene, keep 'em coming, too! :P

I'm quilting as fast as I can, but life has a way of interfering. I've got one on the table now that I'm spending far more time on than I should, but I'm having fun with it and I'm learning a bit as I go. And I have a few more tops that I plan to do, but I don't have customers so am limited to what I can do myself. I've just about depleted the stash of unquilted tops. Although, I do have a top from the daughter of a lady at church and I'm going to do the swirls on it, but want to do the more complex quilting first. I'll throw it on the table in a hurry if we're hovering at the 300 mark! :P Now, back to quilting.......

Georgene - so which one really caught your eye??? I love looking thought all of them too - but maybe I should have written down the numbers for voting purposes....

I still have 2 more that I need to take photos of and send in!! I think I maybe have 2 more customer quilts I could whip-out with a overall template too.....

This is a large, almost king size, quilt that I made for a lady in NYC. She wanted something very simple, large blocks, surrounding the main fabric, which was a fabric from grandma's stash. Grandma is now deceased.

I've made about 20 quilts for her from these batiks (for the kids and grandkids) that grandma had collected, and EVERYONE of them she wanted the Circle Lord Swirlz -- until I ordered the Square Dance, and now she wants that.

She somehow found my website and saw a quilt picture I had there featuring the Swirlz template, and that's why she contacted me. She loved that design. And now she loves the square dance as well.

post--13461903672192_thumb.jpg

My very good friend, Nannie Diggs, quilts her large quilt tops on my longarm. She took the initial lessons with me, and we learned to use the longarm together. Although she loves free motion quilting, she greatly appreciates the ease and accuracy of using the Circle Lord templates.

She's been quilting much longer than I have and makes all types of quilts, but she specializes in T-Shirt and Memory quilts.

The next several quilts I will be posting are ones she quilted on my longarm, using the CL templates.

Posting for Nannie Diggs:

Eleanor Burns’ book, Quilts through the Seasons, provided the perfect pattern in PINK LEMONADE to use for my good friends 50th Wedding Anniversary photo quilt.

Since he works the waters of the Chesapeake Bay as a clammer, I decided to use the CL clam shell design which was just perfect.

The template was easy to install and follow and produced stunning results. I received many accolades on the anniversary quilt which measures approximately 88 x 109” and is constructed with various shades of gold and ivory.

Nannie

post--13461903677075_thumb.jpg

I made five quilts for family members from my deceased mother’s dresses that she loved so much and wore daily. I made up the pattern for which I thought would complement each dress and used the CL Baptist Fan template to quilt all five—all five had the same dresses. The Baptist Fan was a great choice and showed up so nicely on these memory quilts.

Nannie

post--13461903677556_thumb.jpg

I made this t-shirt quilt for a young man who loved the galaxy and wanted me to incorporate that theme into his quilt. I found what I thought to be the perfect fabric and along with the CL water template completed a nice keepsake for the young man. The water template is absolutely wonderful to use on t-shirt quilts.

Nannie

post--13461903679008_thumb.jpg

This past Christmas, a mother surprised her son who had graduated high school the previous June with a quilt of his favorite t-shirts. The CL Water template provided me a fast, easy quilting method with great results.

Nannie

post--13461903679429_thumb.jpg

Three sons surprised their mom this past Christmas with a combination of their t-shirts that she thought they would always hold on to. T-shirt quilts can be tricky to quilt, but with the Cl Water 2 template I was able to quilt it very easy and the results looked great.

Nannie

post--13461903679632_thumb.jpg

After seeing the charm quilt I had made for myself with almost 800 different fabrics, the parents wanted the same pattern using their baby’s clothing. It turned out to be a good choice for the pattern since so many of the clothing pieces were tiny. The 91 x 96” quilt contains 1026 two by five inch rectangles, along with about a dozen squares appliquéd with larger clothing pieces. To make matters more interesting, the parents wanted “puffy” batting. I decided to use the CL zig zag template which allowed me to complete this challenging project with ease.

Nannie

post--13461903679848_thumb.jpg

Archived