Circlelord Challenge - Voting time now

circlelord

Carmen - LOVE the floral batik quilt you posted - (half way down on page 6 I think..) AWESOME!!! That is just a whole piece of dyed fabric in the center??? :cool: Great idea!!

SO pretty!! Well done with the quilting on that baby - show stopper!!

Joy - you are doing great with all of your quilts too!!! Do you ever sleep??!?! I really like the Diamond on on page 4 was it.... I forget - so many!!!

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judi, thank you for the compliment. Yes, the center is one piece of batik fabric. I had a lot of fun quilting it and trying the different motifs available on the Circle Lord templates that I used. And the front system worked great because I could be right in front of the quilt and get the placement exactly where I wanted it. :)

Well, I got my CL set up last week and had sooooo much fun with my 1st effort (already love my CL):

Quilter- Me, Ardelle Kerr

Piecer- group effort, Friends of Compassion House

Pattern and designer- combination of patterns, inculding ribbon from "Pink Ribbon Quilts," by MIMI DIETRICH

Size- lap

CL Templates used- Aztec and Basic Unit

This quilt was made for Compassion House in Edmonton, a facility for Breast Cancer Patients to stay while having treatments. Friends of Compassio House make it their mandate to send every patient home with a quilt, so that they will know they are not alone in their journey. I try to quilt at least one quilt per month for them.

Judy, thanks. The flower cutout was so easy and quick. I hope to make a couple baby quilts to have on hand using that technique.....maybe the Starz template, with stars all over the quilt. It seems if I have a baby quilt on hand, someone needs to buy it.

And Ardelle, congratulations. What a wonderful job you did for your first time, or for any time really. Great job. Welcome to the CL Club lady.

My sister came to visit last week and brought two quilt tops that she wanted to quilt. She had never used a longarm and I helped her select templates appropriate to the quilts and helped her quilt them. She had to return home before we got all of the quilting completed and she will finish it on her DSM. I think she did a great job on both quilts and this really points out how even someone new to longarming can utilize the Circle Lord and templates because they are so easy to use.

This quilt is 73" x 95" and is made from the Willow Berry Winter by Willow Berry Lane line of fabrics by Maywood. The quilt pattern was specific to the fabric, however we don't know the name of the pattern. We used the Featherz wreath, Featherz border and Spiro Thingy, all from the front.

Front

2073801160105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

Front

2550455780105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

Back

2157029590105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

GREAT WAR MEMORIAL QUILT BY SIMCOE QUILT GUILD

Great War memorial quilt for the last living Canadian Veteran of this war. It will, eventually,be put in the War Museum, Ottawa. The Quilt was pieced by the Simcoe, Ontario Quilt Guild and quilted by Carol Cunningham.

The theme is based on the poem In Flanders Fields where "poppies grow row on row".

The center crosshatching done using the Push Button system fits very well.

post--13461903615211_thumb.jpg

I did an interesting experiment with the Spiral template and Swirls boards. I wanted to make a chenille jacket and loaded fabric that would be the lining on the backing roller. I cut out the pieces of the jacket and basted them to the lining. I then used the Spiral template and quilted the middle of the jacket back, and the Swirls templates to quilt the remaining parts of the jacket. After assembling the jacket I washed and dried it with two bath towels to fluff the threads. I found that some portions of the quilting left more of the lining exposed on the outside of the jacket than I wanted so I stitched a few more seams until I got the look that I wanted. I think any of the Circle Lord templates that place stitches approximately 1/2 inch apart will work well for this technique.

Front before washing

2902448290105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

Back before washing

2272752590105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

Front after washing

2487378890105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

Back after washing

2102733150105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

Ken M. pieced this quilt. He's the woodworker who made my Circle Lord Storage System.

It's a full size quilt he made mostly from scraps leftover from his wife's projects. Notice the little half square triangles he made from the corners he cut from the main blocks.

He asked for wool batting. It sure enhances the quilting design -- the Circle Lord Square Dance template.

post--13461903616627_thumb.jpg

Carmen,

Great job on that jacket. The before and after pictures look like an entirely different jacket.

I need to make a jacket to be like all the other "quilter" ladies at guild or shows who wear vests, jackets, or carry totes they made.

Your project gives me inspiration. Thanks.

Archived