Circlelord Challenge - Voting time now

circlelord

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stunning! Wow---that was a lot of quilting! Such a beautiful quilt! :)

I also want to say as a new owner of a Circle Lord--all the photos posted here and on the Circle Lord blog are such an inspiration to me, and I'm sure many others. I'm enjoying reading about what templates were used and seeing the beautiful results.

Thank you all so much!

This quilt was pieced using two batik panels and the finished size is 60 x 60. I quilted it using the Sunburst template with a complete sunburst in the center, and lesser sunbursts in each corner. The arcs on the sides were made with the basic Circle Lord and rays from the Sunburst template were added. The color of the fabric is hot red/orange and I did a background filler that continued the idea of a hot sun with heat radiating from all directions.

Quilt

2752620550105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

Close up

2040107620105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

I am posting this for Penny Stephenson

I just finished this quilt yesterday. I have had my CL for about a month. I figured I would start easy, besides this quilt needed something simple.

The quilt is called Grandmothers Diamond Ring. I used Deb Levy's instructions for the border arcs and then I used the Spiro thingy for the motifs in the center of the hexagons. It measures 84 x 96.

post--13461903573092_thumb.jpg

Michael, thanks so much for extending the deadline so that we can meet the 300 mark! :):):) This is most considerate and generous of you and I'm sure we all appreciate the additional time. I believe everyone is piecing and quilting just as fast as we can to get the entry number of quilts up to 300. Whatever happens, this has been fun and I'm loving the quilt show and seeing all of the quilts and the possibilities that our Circle Lord toys offer. :D

Archived