Circlelord Challenge - Voting time now

circlelord

This is another of the quilts that was found in grandma's closet after grandpa died. It's a full size triple irish chain.

I used the Circle Lord Feathered Wreath in the white spaces.

I tried different treatments around the wreaths, using the designs that are built into the template for embellishing the wreaths.

post--13461903353315_thumb.jpg

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lady brought me this beautiful fabric, "Cousteau Toile" and said she had purchased it about 20 years ago and wanted something done with it. She wanted two double size bedspreads for her guest room, so I made them for her.

I know it's just a simple wave design using the Circle Lord Waves and Zig Zag template, but it was exactly what she wanted. She liked the waves because the fabric is water related. The fabric is called Cousteau Toile (sp?). I loved the fabric and she loved the results.

post--13461903353506_thumb.jpg

Barbara I love your mini's and Georgene, what beautiful old quilts you had the priviledge of quilting. The Lonestar with the diamond shapes around the outside, I was wondering how large that was and was there an extra design on either end to make it longer than it was wide, or was it just left square. I have one of the same design and am trying to decide if I want it to end there or if I should add a pillow type top to it. It is beautiful. Thanks for posting.

Marilyn, I used Quilter's Dream Wool batting for the bedspreads.

Jeanne, here's a picture of the whole quilt top. I did have to add that small red border around the edge, in order the square up the top, because it was very wonky.....lots of bias.

I don't recall the exact size, but I think it was close to 80" square, maybe smaller. I'm judging by the size of the people holding the quilt.

post--13461903354092_thumb.jpg

This is a second Star quilt I did for a customer. Same pattern as previous post, just different fabrics. And this time she chose an Aztec medallion instead of the Feathered Wreath, because she wanted the two quilts to be different.

Size was about 45" square.

She gave the first star quilt to her son, and he called her recently to ask if she could "patch" it, becuase the dog ate some of it.........

post--13461903357903_thumb.jpg

A customer quilt (Deb G.) made from a pattern from the book: "Laps from Fats". It's about 55 x 72 as I recall.

I used the Square Dance template. The customer works in a quilt shop in Pennsylvania, and she opened the box there, after getting it in the mail. She said I had it folded so that the back was showing first, and everyone ooohed and ahhhed, when seeing the design on the back, so I thought I should include a picture of the back too.

Since the backing was black, and I didn't have any black batting, I used a dark color 100% wool blanket I bought at a yard sale (which I had washed). She sold the quilt to a man for $300, a week or two after I mailed it back to her. So she was very happy.

post--13461903358477_thumb.jpg

wow, they just keep coming and coming. love them all. I wonder how many quilts have been entered so far. Seems like alot but not near 500 I don't think. Georgene, you must have a very good business going to do so many between you and Joy really getting your moneys worth out of those CL Toys!! way to go.

I quilted this stack and whack 48 x 60" quilt for a lady who made it to raise money by selling tickets at the bank where she worked. The charity is Dream Catchers. I think it's an organization that helps troubled children by introducing them to horses.

The bottom left picture was a Web Shot featured picture of the week (or month?), but it got lots of views, and lots of comments.

post--13461903360125_thumb.jpg

Hi, another customer quilt hot off the machine

She had used her scraps with 4 1/2 inch squares no pattern

It was 41 x 41 inches

So I did the Pampas Clam large template on this one.

Sooo easy was great, this was the first time I have used this board

post--13461903392419_thumb.jpg

This one is from the same customer Hot off the machine

Did the 2 of them together this one is slightly larger 46 x 46 inches. Using her scraps

On this one I used the Pampas Clam again, but only did the grass in every second clam.

Georgene how do you get 4 photos on at a time?

Can you send instructions please.

post--13461903393216_thumb.jpg

CL Swirls.

King size quilt, 104" x 104"

So-fine - top; bottom-line - bobbin.

Piecer - Shannon McCrone

Quilting - done in a weekend. Shannon is 25 years old, an avid piecer, but had never been on a longarm. I taught her the basics - she chose Swirls over the classic BF (surprisingly good choice). We both worked on the Swirls and I finished it up - borders, with rulerwork - Swags by Mindy Casperon.

post--13461903393626_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Hawaii

CL Swirls.

King size quilt.

Sorry, tried Doodlebugs method in paint, but it is still not working. Will keep trying.

Barbara - I posted 2 times on the same topic and maybe it would be easier to try my method. It's really easy only a couple of steps.

Archived