Circlelord Challenge - Voting time now

circlelord

Another customer quilt ,the designer was an Australian but carn't remember her name or patterns name.

The quilt was 70 x70 inches

I did all different size circles in the centre of the big circles of the pattern using the 12 inch Squircle

post--13461903147261_thumb.jpg

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even tho i dont have a CL - i love looking at this thread. you guys are all so talented. i get so many ideas that i have to write them down to use when i get better at this.

joy - your customers mariners compass looks like a karen stone quilt called cinco de mayo that i have always loved.

Linda Mae asked me to post this quilt for her.

This Boston Commons quilt was an Amish quilt top that I purchased at an Amish auction. It measures 96 X 110 in.

I decided that it needed Baptist fan quilting, but I wanted to follow the "rounds" of the quilt. Using the basic Circle Lord with the large Squircle, I started the quilting with concentric circles in the very center of the quilt. A cross of concentric half circles in the center of the quilt was stitched using the Baptist Fan Blade. Concentric quarter circles fill in each of the corners of the quilt, also stitched using the Baptist Fan Blade.

I started the quilting at the very center of the quilt and worked my way to the bottom of the quilt. Once I finished this half, I turned the quilt and once again starting at the center, I worked my way to the other edge of the quilt. The quilting worked with no problems or puckering. The quilting really enhanced the

design with the quarter circles perfectly rounding each corner of the piecing.

The Circle Lord made the quilting of this quilt efficient and

perfect!!

Click here to see more details

post--13461903152442_thumb.jpg

I love the swirl template. This 100 x 100" quilt is LQS quality

flannel front and back with W&N batting, zero issues.

I think the swirls are a great contrast to all the squares and

straight lines. Every other flannel quilt of any size I've ever seen was done with a big ole sloppy meander. This is so superior to that and didn't take much longer. This quilt will NEVER come apart, lol. Incredibly fast to quilt and I find going through the motions of the swirls almost a Zen experience. I become very

calm and focused which is the opposite of how I am when I'm freehand quilting.

post--13461903162695_thumb.jpg

This is a quilt I made from nice scraps I purchased at an estate sale. No real pattern but layed it out in Electric Quilt 6, so I'd have something to go by. It's 104" x 104" and this will go on our king sized bed.......the first I've made for our own bed....though my husband has been asking: "Can't you make a quilt for us?"

I used several Circle Lord Templates and worked from the front of the machine -- except for the rope borders, which are in two sizes. I also used the Ovalz and Diamondz templates in the white rectangles and made each row of them different -- for variety.

I used the mini-clamshells for the side border so I wouldn't have to turn the quilt.

Also, I'm trying something new -- I downloaded Picasa (free from Google) and made a collage. It's the first time I've used the program and it was very easy to learn.

I had fun with this quilt.

post--1346190316742_thumb.jpg

This Quilt belongs to Dianna Welbon.

Pieced by Dianna Welbon using a pattern from an American Better Homes and Garden Quilting Magazine.

Quilted by Judy Nolan Using Circle Lord Spiral Template and Circle Lord Straight lines template. Inner black border quilted with ruler guide. Outer border quilted using the Circle Lord Large Interlocking Swirls template and stipple filling. It is about 50" x 60".

post--13461903208248_thumb.jpg

Wow, I guess I have missed alot of great quilts on here. Joy and Georgene have been very, very busy. Joy are there any templates you could win that you dont already have? LOL looks like I have seen some of all of them. Your sampler one really shows off how much variety there in the templates. I think the possibilties are endless and so interesting. Georgene your ovals template filled in with feathers is beautiful as well. I will try to get some pictures of some of mine up later this weekend.

Quilt pieced and quilted by Judy Nolan. 9 patch design. Quilt approx 60" x 80". Quilted using Circle Lord feather wreath and feather border. This quilt was made and quilted very quickly, and raised A$950.00 at a fundraising auction for a young male friend (17 yrs old) who became quadraplegic after a motorcycle accident.

post--13461903222437_thumb.jpg

Applique and piecing by The Grass Patch Patchers Quilting Group. Design by Hot Possum Designs, Wembley, West Australia. Quilted by Judy Nolan using the Circle Lord Giant Template - Interlocking Swirls. Made for a young handicapped boy in our community, the joy of giving it to him bought smiles and tears all round. Approx 60" x 80".

post--13461903223524_thumb.jpg

Pieced and Quilted by Judy Nolan. For a quilt exhibition a group of Western Australian Longarm quilters each made a quilt of the same design (a 9 patch from a magazine, sorry can't remember which one). We could choose our own colours, we then quilted them to show how quilting made a difference to the finished product. My allocation was an allover design. I chose my favourite, Circle Lord Giant Template - interlocking swirls. Quilt approx 38" square.

post--13461903225687_thumb.jpg

Archived