Newbie Introducing myself

I'm back with more pictures- been meaning to do this for a long time so there's lots. Now that I have it figured out...

I got so excited when the pictures posted I forgot to say much with each one. They are all customer quilts, except the last one in browns/greys- that's mine.

This one is also mine- a Buggy Barn pattern from there book Crazy Fun and Games.

<a  href=2437904810105969325S425x425Q85.jpg' alt=

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last quilt I"ll post- this one is my Husband Roger's top. He paper pieced on this one for 5 years on and off. It's from the magazine Quilts with Style (no longer being published. I took Karen McTavish's Victorian Feathers class at APQS classroom in Dec. (Great class) and love doing her feathers. (I also took her McTavishing Class).

<a  href=2740352410105969325S425x425Q85.jpg' alt=:cool:

Hi Ardelle, welcome again!

I love that shirt;)

Love the pics of the quilts. One day when we cruise through AB, I'll make sure we stop by in Camrose. Hey, isn't that the place where that funny guy is from? (on Canadian Air Farce?)

Yes I do have my Milli in the shop. We have a very large classroom in a Mesanine (upper floor over back half of store- front half of store open to same level as celing in classroom), that needed better utilization. We did plan on renting it but after we got it I got selfish and am hording it all to myself! My husband has been involved in our buisness since dayone, but always was a dairy farmer as well. 2 years ago we sold the cows and he came to work full time at the store. 2 months later I was diagnosed with Breast cancer and was out of the store for a year- thankfully Roger was there to take care of the store or I don't know what would have happend. When I came back I had difficulty fitting back in. Chemo changed me. I have a hard time remembering names and even sometimes what I am doing (like how much fabric did the customer just ask me to cut?!? We had thougth about adding a longarm since day one, 10 years ago, but allways felt I did not have enough time. Anyways at Spring Market we got thinking about longarms again and decided the time was right. It has been a God Send to me. I think it was just the challage I needed to pull me back into the buisness. I LOVE longarmning!!! I feel like the dream I had as a child to be an artist(and I sucked at the time):cool: is fianally realized.

Welcome to the forum. Wow, your quilts are just beautiful!! It looks to me like a longarm was exactly the right fit for you. It seems you are a natural. It is good that your husband takes a big part in your business and in your love of quilting, sounds like he has the same love of quilting you do. And his quilt is a work of art! Thank you for sharing your quilts with us.

Archived