Nebraska Weather Service Advisory

We have been marooned in our village since Tuesday with 1-2ft of snow, extremely cold temps of -10c (14f). Only small amounts of essential supplies can get in and the store shelves are desimated within seconds!!

My daughter's boyfriend is stuck here with us unable to get home and they had both hoped to get back to Uni this week. Doesn't look like that is going to happen as most of the country is affected by this severe winter freeze.

What roads are traversable are like ice rinks and lethal so there's nothing for it but to stay home with a nice fire and quilt;).

post--13461903101305_thumb.jpg

Winter is fine, but just not so darn cold!! Or snow and wind together. Must confess that yesterday - Wednesday - when we couldn't even see across the yard, I was so glad I was no longer working -- and even better, didn't have to worry about who was going to make it into work at the nursing home. Worried about that for 36 years but not my problem now -- I cleaned my sewing room!

Patsy in NE

I feel for you guys but I really do wish your weather would go back across the mason dixon line. I'm not happy with 20 degree weather here on Amelia Island, FLORIDA. We just might actually get a few snow flakes on Saturday morning. Thanks for sharing. At least we don't have to cut grass. LOL

I really do hope that all are able to stay warm and safe.

Gee, I live in Wyoming I guess I know where all of my husbands snow went. You notice I said his snow. He loves to play on his snowmobile, give me a sweatshirt and a fishing pole and that is about it for me. It has been cold but the dreaded wind hasn't been playing and I can take -5F without wind. We haven't got the -40F yet, when it hits about -20F and lower it all feels the same until the wind kicks in. And as for you guys in areas that doesn't normally get snow. Be glad they shut things down, the idiots would just wreck anyway because they don't know how to drive in it. They put on a pair of snow tires, stick it in 4WD and push the gas pedal and AH MAN they biff it. I took my mother home to Nevada and didn't want to go home, but she got a taste of what I meant when I said I would take Chain Law in Wyoming or driving in Southern Utah in a Snowstorm. Those buggers cannot drive.

Chris your pic is beautiful. Well, very little snow (if any) here in VA Beach however, schools are closed and the military/DOD employees have a 2 hour delay. I'm at work because of being Emergency Management. It's cold but the roads are "dry" and packed with "sand" from VDOT getting ready for the "blizzard". Gotta love being prepared!!! The bad part is that it's supposed to get colder today.:( I don't want to wish my life away but spring can't come to soon:cool:

Thanks Nebraska..... Canton, Ohio just received 3-5 inches (depending where you are) with the cold coming in and bringing another 5 -6 inches of snow today!!!:P:P I am so thankful for all wheel drive and getting off today at noon. :P:P

The drive this morning was snow covered freeways at 2:30 am. At least I was following a plow. It will be a good weekend to quilt.:cool::cool::cool:

Archived