Nebraska Weather Service Advisory

I sure hope we don't have another winter like this one has been so far anytime soon-like within the rest of my life!!!!!!

Sorry Heidi, but Nebraskans are nothing if not generous! At least if you get snowed in you have that great quilt to work on!

I remember when every winter was like this. Doesn't mean I like it but back in the 60s, 70s every winter was cold with lots of snow!!! Heck, we used to have snow for Halloween and Easter, growing-up in PA.

You snow country people will get a chuckle, here in VA Beach they are predicting a dusting to 2in tonight (major snow) . They are announcing possible school, business closings and VDOT is preparaing for road closings/salt/ashing:(.

Originally posted by Gator

I remember when every winter was like this. Doesn't mean I like it but back in the 60s, 70s every winter was cold with lots of snow!!! Heck, we used to have snow for Halloween and Easter, growing-up in PA.

You snow country people will get a chuckle, here in VA Beach they are predicting a dusting to 2in tonight (major snow) . They are announcing possible school, business closings and VDOT is preparaing for road closings/salt/ashing:(.

Connie I too remember the snow being a lot worse years past and boy they never closed school much! LOL I remember living in the south with the threat of snow...hilarious!

Julie,

Trust me I would love a snow day but my institute has never closed in the 7 years I've been here!!!! So annoying. We can have a foot of snow and still be required to be at work. Luckily I have a great boss and he lets me stay home. I usually always plan for storms and I have stuff to work on from home. I so wish I'd get a week off to just quilt!

Here in beautiful northern British Columbia, we just made it through our third cold snap since the beginning of December. -30 to -40, at least the wind wasn't howling. we must get the pretty much the same weather as you Shana! -36 yesterday, this morning only -11, and because I am from Cananda, that's C not F. -40 is still -40 but -11 is 12F.

There is a cure for all the " Holy crap it is freaking cold weather advisory", stay on this side of the glass, and quilt the day away!!!!

We have a winchill tonite of -35. YUCK-A-PHOOEY!

This is like winters when I was a child.

What happened to the winter we had last year? I liked that.

We never got out the snow blower, and I used a broom to clean the sidewalk and porch.

What on Gods green earth am I doing STILL living in Nebraska? Oh yeah, that's right...my hubby's job KEEPS me here. **sigh**

Sure wish they'd start selling insurance in Hawaii, so Jason could get a transfer to adjust claims there.

My allergies would be a thing of the past! Guess I can keep dreaming.

Being from the upper midwest, my husband from North Dakota, we laugh a lot now that we live just north of Atlanta. They called school off today in many locals, in ANTICIPATION of 1-2 inches of snow. School is closing early at a lot of in town schools, and as of 2:15 not a flake has fallen. the temp is around freezing, with no wind????:)

I don't miss the cold wind of the midwest, but folks around here ought to buy a winter coat, put decent tires on their cars, and buy a couple of salt/plow trucks for their communities. The weather will always be with us, at least in the midwest they were usually prepared for all but the worst of it. Sturdy people:P:P

Originally posted by PFroelich

Being from the upper midwest, my husband from North Dakota, we laugh a lot now that we live just north of Atlanta. They called school off today in many locals, in ANTICIPATION of 1-2 inches of snow. School is closing early at a lot of in town schools, and as of 2:15 not a flake has fallen. the temp is around freezing, with no wind????:)

I don't miss the cold wind of the midwest, but folks around here ought to buy a winter coat, put decent tires on their cars, and buy a couple of salt/plow trucks for their communities. The weather will always be with us, at least in the midwest they were usually prepared for all but the worst of it. Sturdy people:P:P

I agree....at least they use salt here...in Montana you drive on snow pack from start of snow to breakup.... they don't plow the roads to bare ground like here in NY...they just keep adding sand to the layers of snow and you just drive...its amazing when the road sometimes gets higher than the guard rails... And I too was spoiled when I lived in Nevada...it might snow and I would skate to work, but RARELY did I skate home, by 9am the snow or ice was totally gone. First 5 years I lived there I didn't even buy a winter coat, it took that long for my body to think 45 was cold.

Archived