My first pieced Log Cabin quilt

Well here it is!! I finally got my first, large scale, quilt done. Not quilting but at least pieced!! It measures out at 95x124 and I couldn't be happier! The colors really flow well together. Thanks for all you avance and tips!!

Now, what would you quilt on it??? I'm a newbie so free hand feathers are out..... :)

Michelle

2086896890105589211S425x425Q85.jpg

Oh that is beautiful!!!!!!! Would you bekieve I have yet to do a log cabin. seeing yours makes me want to do one. Great job. I did a ustomer quilt that was this pattern with a baptist fan and it turned out really pretty. I think just about anything will work as this is a beautiful quilt.

Well it's not "quilt show" material but I'm happy with the end result. There are a few flaws, mainly because I ran out of the thimbleberries!! So I had to improvised... :( But I think I came up with a suitable solution. I made the top and bottom borders different, purely by mistake! Remember the old sayin' "Measure twice, cut once..." well, next time I'll put that to good use!! But I actually like it that way. Now the hubby might remember which end goes to the top!hahahaha! I'll post a close up later...

Never the less, it will keep us toasty warm at night!!

I have the cotton candy panto that might look nice but I've been meaning to get a feather panto. I'm not ready for freehand feathers yet. But I do a mean stipple and ribbon stipple! lol! But I'd like something a little fancier then tha,t so a panto I will go.... just gotta find the right one.

Thanks again for your compliments!!

Michelle

This quilt top turned out great. Beautiful layout.

How about a fern type of feather all over. The feathers do not need to be rounded...they can be pointed-like or molar-like or swirly. You can't do feathers if you don't try! Get out the doodle pad and start drawing. You might just surprise yourself. This quilt deserves some freehand. :)

Archived