Here's a beauty.....FINISHED!

Thanks for all the great comments! I love the happiness of a quilt made of 30's prints and after doing up this one I've decided to do a "Farmer's Wife" quilt for myself using these fabrics, can't wait to start.

Shana, I was thinking of you yesterday when I was remember that I've had my Bernina for over a year now. I absolutely love it and wish I'd made the investment in a good machine years ago! I'm going to attempt to make a jacket this year and it is topstitched using a double needle. I've never done this before and I don't see in my instructions anything about using such a needle. Do you think one of these needles can be used in any machine??? If not, I'm sure I can use another decorative stitch to embelish with.

Originally posted by SandraC

.......I'm going to attempt to make a jacket this year and it is topstitched using a double needle. I've never done this before and I don't see in my instructions anything about using such a needle. Do you think one of these needles can be used in any machine??? If not, I'm sure I can use another decorative stitch to embelish with.

Absolutely you can do this with your machine. I am pretty sure you can use any standard needle in the machine. Do you have a local Bernina dealer? They can talk with you about the right kind of foot to buy (if you need it for that technique) anyway I am so glad you love it. :)

I absolutely love simple quilting.....and this one is a stunning quilt for sure.... Not all quilts scream tons of quilting and this one is a perfect example of simple quilting. GREAT job and now you can take your eye balls out to rest them, as I'm sure they itch and hurt by now.:P:P:P

Sandra,

I have a Bernina also (730) and just love it! I have used double needles with mine several times and it works great! It does beautiful decorative stitches and I also use the double needle when I need to hem a tee shirt. When you do that, the hem will look like it has been sewn with a serger and is stretchy so it won't be too tight when you put the shirt on and off. Have fun playing around with it!

Archived