metro embroidery thread/pictures

Thanks Holly, it was me who asked you to post some photos from your previous post. The thread looks great and your quilting is also great! Thanks for the photos. It works out slightly more expensive to the UK, although still alot cheaper than we can buy here !!! so have ordered a basic package to see how I get on.

Note to self: "Stop buying thread now !!":P

Originally posted by ffq-lar

I am bringing this to the top. My metro thread order came today. Does this look like $51 worth of thread? $40 for 20 cones and $11 shipping? I am thrilled--thanks for posting the link.

So do they have variegated?? I think I have looked at the web site, but....Do you know anyone who had tried the variegated??

I also got a big box of their thread and am thrilled. I got the 34 cone variety pack and received a 10% discount on top of the already excellent price. It stitches very nicely.

I looked at their varigated but it didn't excite me too much. I would be interested to hear if anyone has gotten any. So far, I like Rainbows from Superior the best for varigated.

• 2 weeks later...

I order 25 cones the other day...received them 2 days later...used some of one color today...and am thrilled with this thread! I used it both in the top and bobbin. I love it. It is comparable to the Isacord I was using and is same weight as Rainbows if memory serves me correctly. Tension was no issue. I love this thread! Thank you to whomever told us about this metro thread. Did I say I was pleased?!?! :)

It is no fun to frog however...but then, we are supposed to be quilting it...not frogging it out! :D

And NO, MaryBeth, I did not order any variagated threads...I didn't like the color combinations. Nothing excited me enough to purchase. Rainbows are beautiful variagated threads.

I received my order last week. 34 x 5000yrd cones of various awesome colors for $115.19 Canadian, shipping in! I used the thread in 2 Quilts so far and find it just wonderful to quilt with. One was a panto and the other freehand designs. I had just one break due to a dull needle. Once changed, I quilted away and just love the appearance. I use BL in the bobbin, and plan on using this thread lots. Thanks for posting about it. This Forum is awesome.

Archived