JoAnn Hoffman's angel quilt w/pics

Hey all. Life has finally calmed down and I am back to quilting again. My son is doing even better than we could have hoped for, and my DFIL passed away 3 weeks ago. Thank you all sooo much for your prayers. He definately passed gently.

This is Joann Hoffmans angel pattern that I made for one of my co-workers. It is made of white bridal satin on one side, and flannel backed satin on the back. (I like the back better). I used bambo batting with a cheaper thin batting to give it some loft. thread is So fine with BL in the bobbin. Thanks for looking.

Not great pics since i didn't lay the quilt flat to take them. Its just kind of haning on my banister.

Peggy

post--1346190346655_thumb.jpg

Peg

I am so happy to hear that your son is doing so well, and sorry to hear of your FIL passing, I know that he is now at peace. your angel quilt is wonderful. Glad to have you back we missed you. if you search a post I started about who is missing in action you will see you were missed!!:P

Peggy,

Beautiful quilt! Funny but I was just beginning to surf for the pattern for this! A few questions for you (and anyone else who cares to advise...): Where can I find the pattern? How did you transfer the design from your paper to your fabric? Any advice on making this quilt?

Again...good job! Marvelous gift, too! Thanks for sharing! :)

Rhondalea,

I got the pattern from JoAnn's web site. It came in two sections, which I taped together. I just traced the pattern on to the fabric with a blue water erase pen. It is a very easy pattern. My advise, find the pathway for the feathers before you start. Other than that, it is pretty straight forward. I can't wait until she comes out with more like this.

Archived