Granddaughter's quilting

Hey! Patty Jo!!! I too was babysitting with the grandkids in SC this past weekend!! My oldest is working on a rag quilt.! I am so proud of her! She's 8 and she's loving sewing !! I'll post a few pictures! She will have to wait till I go visit her again to work on it again, but we had a grand ol' time!!

post--13461903616016_thumb.jpg

Oh Linda, what a cutie (and the one peeking from behind the sewing machine too). Isn't it fun to help our little ones carry on this great tradition? I hope that you get to go back and finish that quilt soon. What a good time we have with those grandkids. ;)

What sweethearts!! I see you are starting them out on your Bernina!!

Good for you--I let my DD learn on my "good" machine and she now works in a Fashion Design school--where they made "green" dresses out of used cassete tapes for the Miss America pagent!!

So you never know what you might be sparking!!!

Hey, Gramma Linda

Who enjoyed the quilting lessons more you or the girls? I think that is wonderful. my oldest granddaughter is now seven I hope this summer to have some time to teach her to sew. She will be great at is as she is very mature, then my son is engaged to a girl with an 8 and 10 year old, so maybe I will get some more granddaughters soon to teach. So glad you had such a great time with them. I have a sign on my front door that says "Gramma's House" Memories made here! What a great true statement that is, it is a two-fold blessing!! Are you any closer to making a move in this direction?

Archived