Guess what happened today!

I was selling tickets for the band raffle today outside the local hardware store...when a gentleman came up and started looking the quilt over.

He then asked who pieced/quilted the quilt. I told him I did...then he asked if I had a longarm.

When I said yes, he shook my hand and told me I just saved him $15000!

He immediately called his wife and told her that he found a longarmer.

What?!? I don't even quilt for others!

I am in awe and still trying to figure out what really happened today...aside from selling over $600 worth of tickets to date! :D

Thanks all. He asked if I was part of the quilt guild in town too. When I told him I was not...he wondered why. Just told him I was too busy with life to be a part of it!

I will let everyone know IF I actually hear from her. I did take it as a compliment though.

I am printing more raffle tickets...as I have 5 weeks left of sales. I really do hope to break $1000 for the band. Will keep you posted on that as well.

mazing things happen when least expected.. why not invite her over, have something on the bars to quilt and show her how easy it is to do long arm quilting.. then hint that your housefull is rather rumbunctious, and you wouldn't want one of them wiping their nose on it..or trying to pull it down to take a nap on.. make it sound awful and I bet she will go home and tell hubby it won't work and she needs her ownn long arm..

I can't imagine your chillin's doing that though.. maybe the neigbors dog got in and p'd on it. Or someones cat birthed a litter.. lol, can't see you doing any of that.. just tell them you don't quilt for a business and try to encourage her to get her own.

Shall make a donation to the band quilt.. no tickets wanted..

email the info I need to send it.. plez.

RitaR

Hi Rita. You just made me laugh! :P

I am thinking about taking in a few quilts...for a little added income to help with Sven's supplies/meds. This may be the start I need...but then again...she is used to someone in a large city doing her quilts...so my work might be a disappointment to her too! We will wait and see if my phone rings...then decide! :)

Archived