Rome, Sistin Chapel

We have been there and it is totally incredible. However, there were hundreds of people in there with us. This was like being there all alone. It is beautiful.

Thank you for sharing. We adore Italy. We have been there 3 times, just last summer in fact and can't wait to return.

Marilyn

My Copy of Bella Bella Quilts arrived yesterday.

You cannot see the detail in the book anywhere near like what is in this link. Thank you very much Leo for posting this.

My husband thought I went overboard with the number of photos I took of the tiles on the outside of the chapel in Pisa. Now I know why we didn't get to Rome!

Lyn

Theo, what a beautiful picture! I was there in October of 2006 or 2007. I spent 2 weeks in Rome (stayed in a Convent) doing day trips to Florence, Naples, Capri.....

I may be going back to Italy in the fall of 2011 for 2 1/2 weeks, but may not get to Rome this time. I want to see some of the places I didn't get to see the first time around. We plan to hike the Cinque Terre and visit towns in the north, then go to Florence, Naples, Pompey, & Sorento. But, at this point, nothing is etched in stone; we're still in the planning phase.

Theo, I am at home now and this is so cool. I was just playing with this "virtual" Sistine Chapel and :o OMG :oWhoooah! :o my mouse got carried away..

I think you should have a warning; disclaimer stating "Do not take mind altering drugs while on this web site"

(not that I take mind altering drugs... I'm just sayin'....)

Guest Linda S

This was so cool and one of the better representations of the actual artwork than I've seen before. The special thing about frescos is, they really seem to pop off the wall when you see them in person. I've been to the Sistine Chapel and it really IS spectacular. If you ever get the chance to go, do it. It's wonderful.

Thanks for sharing!

Linda

Archived