Well, our flight has been booked!

Soon we are off to Hawaii. I should be dancing but I'm not. I was saving for a Circle Lord and had about $400 ready to spend and now I will have to spend it on stuff for Hawaii. I know I will enjoy it but I am just a bit disappointed. My husband's work is taking him there and he won't go unless I will go with him so...... I wonder, if I went ahead and ordered the CL and spent that money would he notice????

sylvia -

hawaii will be wonderful. i have always wanted to go - its on my bucket list. the lushness of hawaii isf supposed to be breathtaking. you will be inspired there - i know it. make sure to take lots of pics and bring sunscreen!

to answer your question about spending the money - go ahead - he won't notice! unless you wont be able to tear yourself away from your new toy and leave him stranded at the airport!!! then he might notice.

when are you leaving? wouldnt it be nice to come home and have it sitting on your stoop waiting to be used?

i better stop being the devil on your shoulder....

WE NEED AN ANGEL TO PIPE IN HERE and undo what i have just done.....

I haven't been to Hawaii in about 40 years. It was beautiful back then and I am sure it is just as beautiful. It is expensive to purchase stuff there. I went with my parents and siblings back then.

As for traveling. My DH has done a lot of traveling alone. He has gone on business trips, some including Aruba, Mexico and Dominican Republic and yes the spouse was invited (paid for by the company). No thank you. I really don't have a desire to go to those places so I didn't. Now get me a trip to Europe and I will be on the plane:D

As for the money saved for the CL. I think it should remain saved for the CL (that is what you intended it for). This trip your DH wants you to come (which is sweet), may be he can come up with the extra $$. It is not like this is a death in the family or some other catastrophic event.

Meg...I am as bad as you:P:o:P

I'm in the Meg and Cheryl club! Isn't the one who issues the invitation supposed to pay the expenses?? (would be nice if the company would!) Unless you need to use the $400 for the necessary expenses over there, like fabric, tools, etc.

Just had a brainstorm. Use the $$ for expenses while in Hawaii, order the CL while sitting in the hotel room, then it will come when you arrive home!!

Have a fun trip.

Sylvia, Hawaii and Alaska are our two most favorite places on earth. Hawaii has changed a lot from the first time we were there in 1970, to 1995, mainly Oahu, which is built up from Waikiki on out to Hickum AFB and the Arizona Memorial.

I would buy as little as possible for the trip, and leave what you have saved, or order the gizmo you want, and see if it all works out without a fuss-n-muss.

Hugs for a right decision.

RitaR

Guest Linda S

I've never been to Hawaii and would love to go, but then again, my CL is pretty darn special. Hopefully, you won't need $400 worth of stuff for Hawaii and can still get one when you get back!

Linda

Sylvia, remember that Michael has that no-interest payment plan for the Circle Lord. I use it ALL the time! Buy the CL items I want, pay them off in time for me to restock!!!!:P

Yes, you CAN have your (CL) Cake as well as a perfect Hawaiian vacation. Hoping to see you!

Hi Sylvia,

Depending on which island you are on, if you are looking for quilting items you really have to search.

On the big island I know they have at least one shop in Hilo, & a very small one in Kona, and then the city of volcano (near the state volcano national park).

I found that I spent most of my time & money sunning like a lizard & waiting for the next luau, that & those awesome Hawaiian mixed beverages! ;)

And that should be on the company’s tab,, I am with Meg & Cheryl, I'd hang on to that savings with a death grip!

My hubby just announced that he is taking me to PARIS for our 18th anniversary after he finishes a job there, & you can bet your booties that any & all food & lodging is either on him or the company! (that & any "Gay Paree" attire necessary for the trip!! :P )

Sweet Sylvia---I understand completely about your trip! I have a road trip with my wonderful sister planned for this month--we are driving to Disneyland! And the whole time I will probably feel guilty that I am not home quilting!

I say, throw yourself into Hawaii--sun, sand, wonderful people, pina coladas, time with your DH and time without him (if he is working). If you are in Honolulu, visit the Bishop museum--fabulous Hawaiian quilts--and Pearl Harbor. Climb Diamondhead (actually, climb the stairs to the top--wonderful windy vista). Your CL will come when it is time. I can't imagine that 5 years from now it will matter--you will always remember your trip to Hawaii with your hubby, and hopefully not resent that it delayed another hoped-for item.

Get out the hula skirt and the seashell bra, girl!

You will love Hawaii. Not really a whole lot to buy there, but just the beauty of the place is awesome. None of the places we went were that fancy, so shorts, tees, slacks.........just casual dress is fine. We have been there twice and thinking of going again this winter and doing the island cruise. Maui is so relaxing and laid back, but you must see Honolulu, Waikiki Beach, Pearl Harbor too. Lots of great tours to take.

The CL will always be there, but this trip may be once in a lifetime. Don't pass up something you might regret later.

Have a great time !!!! :cool:

You guys are just to bad, to bad! I do want my cake and eat it too! We will fly into Oahu and stay on Waikiki Beach the week. The hotel we are staying in is the Hale Koa (I think that is another word for Big Ass Hotel). Our room has a partial ocean view (I think that means walk out on the balcony, lean way over and look to the right or left). I do want to visit several fabric shops to be able to make myself a table runner or something small with the fabrics! I haven't turned over any money yet. I am still hoarding it and I have a couple more quilts to get done before I leave to add to the kitty. A CL may be in my future as well. I just have to get excited about this!!!!

You don't need to spend a lot of $$ in Hawaii. Do like me and just be a beach bum and play in the waves. The colorful abundant flowers are amazing; the steep volcanic mountains are amazing; the clear blue water is amazing. You can enjoy all of that without spending a lot of $$. :cool:

Sylvia, leave your $400 cash savings at home and spend it as intended when you return --- on CL stuff.

Archived