QZ on Pinwheel Quilt

Nadia Wilson

Here are a few pictures of a quilt I recently quilted for a customer. The quilt was a problem to quilt as the centers of each pinwheel was about 12 layers of fabric thick. To top it off, some of the fabrics were really dense and the thread used for piecing was also thick...this all equals broken needles if quilting overtop the centers. So.....I took out my QZ and quilted nested circles, avoiding all the thick intersections. I am pleased with the outcome and my client was thrilled with it too. It was soooo easy using the QZ to do this quilt, I cannot believe how dead-on accurate each circle was, start and stop in the exact same place. Lining up the tool on the quilt took no time at all. As a computerized quilter, I am amazed at how quickly I was able to do this quilt using the QZ. I'd say it was just as fast using the QZ as it would have been to use my CQ to make these nested circles. 2 thumbs up!!

post--1346190425536_thumb.jpg

Thanks Nadia, forgot all about that area.. been too long since I've lived out west. Not awfully fond of back East. lol just darned homesick for area and friends out west.

thanks, still love the quilt..

ritaR

Hi Nadia! very cool! I love the circles on that quilt... especially how you overlapped them. Really pretty! Saving this one for my cool ideas folder! Have you had much chance to play with your QZ yet? mine's been collecting dust..... sigh..... no time to play:(

p.s. how far are you from Nanaimo?? My stepdaughter may be going to University there this fall.... ;)

Hi Nadia! very cool! I love the circles on that quilt... especially how you overlapped them. Really pretty! Saving this one for my cool ideas folder! Have you had much chance to play with your QZ yet? mine's been collecting dust..... sigh..... no time to play:(

p.s. how far are you from Nanaimo?? My stepdaughter may be going to University there this fall.... ;)

Hi Sharon,

I have not had that much time to fully play with my QZ yet, just started getting into it. I am doing a quilt right now with the spiro attachment. I can see from doing this quilt how versatile and how many different things I could accomplish with it....like anything new though, there is that learning curve....practice, practice, practice.....I need to find the time to play with it more to fully appreciate all it can do....dust yours off and quilt your next quilt with it, you'll be glad you did.

I'm 4 hrs from Nanaimo, how exciting for your stepdaughter!! What is she taking? Does she have a place to live yet?

Hi Sharon,

I have not had that much time to fully play with my QZ yet, just started getting into it. I am doing a quilt right now with the spiro attachment. I can see from doing this quilt how versatile and how many different things I could accomplish with it....like anything new though, there is that learning curve....practice, practice, practice.....I need to find the time to play with it more to fully appreciate all it can do....dust yours off and quilt your next quilt with it, you'll be glad you did.

I'm 4 hrs from Nanaimo, how exciting for your stepdaughter!! What is she taking? Does she have a place to live yet?

Archived