I need help!!!

OK, my computer is kaput and my lap top is dying. I have no idea how to edit pics with photoshop (on the lap top) I have a quilt whose border is driving me crazy. The rest of the quilt is done. The border is appliqued with a vine and some little leaves and hearts. How should I do it?? I wanted to use the vine as a stem and kind of do ghost quilting with tendrils and such but I can't get the image in my head to translate. Any ideas?? I will try to post a pic but I don't think I have edited the size correctly. Thanks girls and guys.

Tracey

post--13461904421612_thumb.jpg

I like your original idea of ghost/shadow leaves (maybe larger than the ones that are in the pics) and tendrils. You could also throw in some heart shapes and a daisy flower or 2 as well. Just use what is already on the quilt as your inspiration. I think that would really look nice. It's not a "formal" looking quilt, so I would go with your first thoughts. IMHO;)

Sometime in the past there was a nice pic of a quilt with this type of border. It was quilted with piano keys that just went from the edge of the quilt to the vine. Between the vine and inner border was some kind of background fill. It looked really sharp.

Hmmm....could have been vice-versa....with the piano keys on the inner part and fill on the outer....either way would be nice.

Originally posted by Sherri

Originally posted by hmerrill

Another option would to be McFeather it.

This is a new one on me....what's a McFeather? Sounds cool...

Sheri this is my version http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=17988&page=1#pid208069

Jessica Jones did one and that was gorgeous. She is actually the one who came up with the term McFeathering. I'm still looking for her original post.

Originally posted by Sherri

Another option would to be McFeather it.

This is a new one on me....what's a McFeather? Sounds cool...

Sheri this is my version http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=17988&page=1#pid208069

Jessica Jones did one and that was gorgeous. She is actually the one who came up with the term McFeathering. I'm still looking for her original post.

Wow! Both versions are wonderful! Love, love, love 'em! Thanks for the pictures.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I will finish the quilt in the morning. I worked at the shop today then had to stop and give someone a haircut, then stop and see a friend who is grieving for her husband. It is 11:30 and I am exhausted. Tomorrow will be a fresh start with a thousand ideas. Thanks for coming through for me everyone. I knew I could could count on my amazingly talented and creative quilty friends. I will send pics when it's done!!!!

Tracey

Archived