My Latest Project

Not quite three weeks ago, our receptionist at work (and a good friend) gave her notice that she was going to retire on July 30th. She had worked as our receptionist for 21 years so there is a group of us that have become good friends over the years. So I asked 3 of my "quilting friends" if they wanted to help make a lapsize quilt for Judy. They all said sure. We are all doing a BOM at our favorite quilt shop called Buck-A-Block using Thangles. So we decided to make the quilt using 12 BAB and 6 nine patch blocks. We each made several blocks, then one of the gals pieced the top and then I did the quilting. Our friend was so thrilled when we gave it to her on Friday that she was in tears. So it was a success!

I used variegated King Tut on top and So Fine on the bottom and had beautiful thread tension! I was soooo thrilled with that!

Hope you can see what we did...........my pictures are still not as good as I want them to be.........and it's not a problem with the camera, just the "operator"..... :o

"100_1468"

"100_1453"

"100_1455"

"100_1451"

"100_1458"

The back kind of looks like a wholecloth............my first one! The craziest thing is that I managed to do all of those curves just using my Appliguide ruler because I don't have any other curvy rulers yet..........but I ordered Myrna's set last week and will buy more at the Milwaukee Quilt Show. Anyway, hope I haven't bored you with too many pictures! It was so much fun to do that I was disappointed when I got done. Am I weird or what! :o

Thanks gals!

Oh, this was my first time to try using my recently acquired Micro Drive Handles and all I can say is I LOVE THEM! But you were right, you use totally different muscles to drive them. After frogging a couple of stencil designs, I learned to quit driving with my arms and drive with my hands and it went so much better. Still not perfect but definitely showed me that with practice, they will work great! :D

Archived