saggie bottom

eeck! I don't know what to do! I loaded my quilt and quilted the out side borders...all three pieces laid flat when I was quilting...I checked...but when I went back to start the middle..I have a sag on the backing! The back is 2- 40 inch pieces with a seam down the middle. I have never had this happen before, so do I need to seam rip the whole thing and start over...or do you think this will "quilt out". It's a queen size quilt and the backing is pretty starchy. I guess..what I am asking is...because of the seam and rolling on the roller, did this stretch it? Oh my I need help! :(

:(

Lori

actually...depending how densely you quilted the side borders...that is probably why the middle appears to be sagging. Usually you would pin baste the top/backing after loading if on the frame if you are going to do dense quilting anywhere to keep sags from occuring. It will probably quilt out if you pin baste now and quilt just as densely as the outside border. :)

I bought myself 200 pearl head corsage pins that are over 2" long just to baste a quilt in the areas that I am not stitching before I roll on to the next section.

It has stopped all those saggy baggies. Being big pins you can take large bites of fabric. Holes haven't been noticeable later.

These look to be the same pins Myrna uses on her DVD's.

Lyn

I found the round headed pins gave me uneven tension across the quilt and I have better luck with flat headed pins. They aren't as long but they distort the quilt a lot less, they are usually finer too so leave smaller holes.

I like the Clover flower heads, they are pricey compared to other brands but they last better and seem to be sharper to start with.

Ferret

Archived