Stitch regulator problems again.

I had stitch regulator problems last year and sent my machine in for servicing. I am having the same thing again. The last few times I have turned it on I couldn't get the regulator to move without fiddling around with it. Yesterday afternoon I lost the speed. The machine sort of went into a slow mode and the stitches were really uneven.

This morning when I turned the machine on I had a terrible time again getting the stitch regulator to move and then I couldn't get the machine to start stitching. I sort of fiddled with the wires and did eventually get it going. Can you please tell me what I should do or what the problem is?

Lib

Put the big hammers down and walk away from the machine.

At one point we have all wanted to toss our machines and a few quilts out the proverbial window. Go find an adult bevy, if that's in your lifestyle and chill. Someone will be able to talk you through it tomorrow. I have to admit I haven't read your previous post, but I do understand the frustration. Been there, don't like it. Hugs, and just know there is a solution out there, We have some great gals, here in BC that can talk you through some of your issues, Give the list a chance. And there is a wealth of knowledge on our list, even though some of them aren't as close geographically. Shut the damn machine off, shut the door and go outside and yell outloud. Oh wait, you're in White Rock, up here, I can go outside and yell, and no one calls the cops.

Do you have any machine maintenance DVD's. They are sometimes a wealth of information. I wish you luck, and keep talking to the list, we are listening. Marion in BC

Lib, How frustrating! Call the APQS 800 number and talk to Amy, she'll help you figure it out. It might be the #8 screw or it could be a circuit board or any number odf things. It's hard to diagnose here and I'm sure someone else will chime in, calling APQS is free and you can talk to the experts on these machines, they'll walk you through everything on the phone and get right to the froblem and the fix for it without all the back and forth to the Forum which can take days and just result in more frustration. I see by your other post that you are already a couple of days into this without solving the problem, so I think the 800 number is your best bet!

BTW, you don't have to start another new post, you can come back to this one and use the reply box to continue your thread.

Hope this helps! Hang in there!

Thanks Kenna. I have to run up to the store so I will Amy a call as soon as I get back. I am in the middle of a customer's quilt at the moment and it is so frustrating. With the tension also doing funny things I ended up ripping out one strip 3 times! AAARRRGGG

Lib

Hi Lib

Are you having trouble with the machine stitching in one direction. If you move the machine along the table does it stitch? If you move it back to front does it stitch? If it works one way and not the other, its either an adjustment to the rubber wheel inside the larger carriage wheel or a bad encoder box, less likely or a loose connection.

good luck

sue in australia

Lib, you need to isolate which direction. Is it happening in side to side motion or front to back. There are 2 encoders to regulate the stitch. One takes care of the front ot back and the other side to side. Once you know which one it is, then you can look at if it is the wiring, the encoder wheel or the encoder box.

Good morning. When I got home from shopping yesterday I couldn't get the stitch regulator to move at all so I turned off the machine and went and had a glass of wine. I turned my machine on a little while ago and the stitch regulator wouldn't move from the fron of the mahcine, but I got it to work from the back, however from the back it won't decrease. Once I have moved the st reg from the back I can adjust it from the front unless it is right at the bottom. Does that make sense?

When I was sewing, the stitches are very small but will sometimes go bigger if I go from left to right, but on the whole, none of the stitches, regargless of which I go are particularly even. I think I shall call the 1 800 # as I really don't know what to do. I am in the middle of a client's quilt. How come this always happens in the middle of something?

Lib

• 10 years later...

I purchased a baby lock quilting machine, 12 ft pinnacle frame and stitch regulator used. I cleaned the machine, oiled it...it sewed beautifully. I put up the frame, mounted the stitch regulator and machine...but the machine will not sew. At all. I changed the. Power cord to a new one  removed the encoder wheels, and reinstalled, removed the control box and checked inside. It only has one blue little box on the inside. I cannot find any diagram on what is supposed to be there...can anyone please advise?

Edited by Sondras
Misspelled

Sandras,

I might suggesting posting a new topic thread yourself, verses using a ten year old trouble issue.

If you give the specific Baby Lock model number and year, you may also get better inputs.

First is the wall outlet you are plugging your power cord into powered?  Use a night light or some other electrical device to find this out.  If you are in a garage, in a basement, or near a water source the wall outlet may be on a GFI circuit.  The GFI may simply need to be pushed back in.  The GFI outlet are those test/reset types that are near your kitchen or bathroom sink, so you hopefully do not get electrocuted if an electrical device should fall in the water with you.

Then is the power cord powered?  Use the night light to check.  Some power cords have a circuit breaker that can pop ( just push it back in) when overloaded.  

After those questions are known, you know the trouble is between the plug and Baby Lock.  Then I would suggest you call your local or closest Baby Lock dealer and ask them to assist you to get your machine up and running.  They have a vested interest in supporting you, so you might take your machine to them for service.  It could be a fuse, or some other minor issue that is causing the problem.

I wish you the best getting your machine up and running.  Let us know how it turns out.

Cagey