Just a Quilty thought

Today, I'm being a bit philosophical as a result of finding this quote. I immediately thought of all the quilts that we want to make, the idea process that we go through, and the small idea that builds itself into a full fledged quilt and all these found in a spark of an idea. This quote spoke to me in just this way. I hope that you will agree with me and also contemplate this quote in your quest for your next masterpiece.

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful. Welcome it in every face, in every sky, in every flower."

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

That does give me pause to think.

Life gets way too busy and we don't pause to notice how things (or people) are beautiful or wonderfully made. The little things, how a flower smells or a baby smells or how freshly mown hay smells. Or how cool it is to see a combine in the field.

Wow, Patty Jo! now you are making me philosophical!

You know, I really try to practice that. When I walk the dogs I get lost in the beauty of the flowers, leaves, butterflies and birds. I walk through a local park the other week and was the only one (it seemed like) that noticed two Red Tailed Hawks and it appeared that the larger one was showing the smaller one how to hunt squirrls. They dropped out of the trees spreading their wings as long as me (remember I'm only 4' !0"). They were fasinating to watch. My neck hurt the rest of the day but they were so awesome and majestic. Then as I was leaving I saw a red headed wood pecker. Everyone there must of though I was nuts with my head back watching birds they were too in a hurry to see.

There is beauty and inspiration everywhere. Lifes too short not to look and smell the flowers.

I subscribe to a couple of sites where you get daily quotes, motivation, inspirations, etc and sometimes, the quote is just so inspiring to me that I like to pass them on. When I get up in the morning, one of the things that I do is to open my e-mail and read these jewels that come....I'm glad that this one blessed you also;)

Archived