Christmas Applique

JoAnne, Hi! Wow! Just looked at your blog's pictures of the Christmas quilt! JUST WOW! Have a question. On the border where you have the feathers and pebbles... do you do the feathers first then pebble it all? What kind of batting did you use? This is just beautiful!! I love that kind of quilting and want to learn how to do it!!! Super Yummy!! linda

Hello,

Great quilting! It's absolutely yummy to look at. Wish I could quilt like that...sigh

Is this the same pattern?

http://www.bunnyhilldesigns.com/store/products/details/?product=Vintagec

If the link doesn't work, I'm looking at "Vintage Christmas" by Bunny Hill Designs.

I've looked at your quilting half a dozen times or more and each time I'm amazed by it. You do fabulous work.

Debbie

Newnan Ga. USA

Linda, I used two layers of batting. On the bottom, QD's machine blend and on top QD's poly. I wasn't sure what to do with the borders at first and I decided to use the reins on the sleigh and feather them first. These are freehand and the first time I've tried them....easy, easy easy. I divided the sides and figured four would fit and added the holly on the ends....then I pebbled all around. The fun part is no marking and just go for it.

Debbie, yes the pattern is from Bunny Hill Designs, and is called Vintage Christmas. My customer followed a block of the month through Shabbyfabrics.com.

Thanks all.

Archived