any suggestions for this beauty??

Tracey,

That is a beautiful quilt. I would do just like Shannon and feather it to death. I played with it just a little and one option to break up the feathers is to do echo quilting of the design in the red but I'm not sure I like that as well as I do the feather up at the top in the red. You could always feather the red part and then do a fill in the white but I think feathers will probably do that area well too. I would do some curved cross-hatching in the black area. Really hard to draw that small in the picture but I think it would really showcase the embroidery.

post--13461904716443_thumb.jpg

I can see Linda and Adam's "Pinched Squares" template in the focal blocks.. feathers in the white and black, then cross hatch the floral border at an angle.. meanwhile the brain would be working on what to do in the red area. I sorta like the scrolls that Lyn shows.

Very nice - Beautiful quilt - love the colors! Can't wait to see it all quilted up - - YES to lots of soft feathers, perfect! (but lost in the outer border, I agree) I could do a simple crosshatch on that area.

Please post a photo when finished........ Have fun and good luck!:cool:

Archived