Wanna Sew a High Desert Mystery Quilt? Fabric/Cutting added to this topic!

carol...i think you will be fine. just press the seams AWAY from the background in all your pieces since it is very light!

sylvia...i do have some other mystery designs in mind...haven't started writing them yet though! hopefully early next year i will have one ready to present! i agree with you...i love using what i have on hand too!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a newbie lurking on this post for a while and I just found out about the Mystery Quilt. I am pulling fabrics right now and I will be spending catch up this week-end! It looks like this would be so much fun and a great excuse to ignore the quilt I have on the frame that's driving me insane. What was I thinking ! Thanks for the fun project. Now, I am going to have to learn how to post pictures!

I was hoping Kristina would take pity on us and post early since it is suppose to be "tricky" for this next part. I listen to our local high school football *Oak Grove* on the radio on Friday nights and would love to pull out my bags and have a go while I listen!

Malou, jump and with both feet and have fun with us. Welcome!!

This is going to be another fun Saturday keeping up with the clues. I added another set of fabrics to the blog that belong to my friend and neighbor Gloria G. I love her fabrics. I couldn't get the print under the picture to say Gloria. It uses my name. But here are her fabric choices. They are wonderful!!!

post--13461904820185_thumb.jpg

This is coming together quickly. "Doodlebug" will have her quilt done by Halloween. I guess I will have to break down and load those 2 quilts waiting for me to quilt for our guild's meeting next month. They're not all that big or fancy. Guild members sew up "kits" and then some of us take those home to quilt. I've got a Neonatal quilt top and a preschool size boy's (or girl's) foggy top. Won't be hard once I start.

Archived