Wanna Sew a High Desert Mystery Quilt? Fabric/Cutting added to this topic!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kristina - in step 8 what measurement are the outer strips? 2.25, 2 3/8 or 2.5?

am nervous to guess and then have to redo and i must've missed a step somewhere cause my bag #2 just had strips in it.

i didnt miss your bailey's comment either...:D:P:P

kristina - or should i say smartypants

a very clever pattern indeed....i love mine. its up on my design wall with no borders,

and it already looks very cool! my background was slightly striped and it really worked

well - it almost buzzes.

when i get it to a flimsy, i shall email you a pic!

thanks!

Kristina the mystery quilt design is awesome! Thanks for hosting this for us. Looking forward to doing your next one.

I won't be able to finish mine for at least a week because I have 16 customer quilts to finish by the 14th (only 3 of them are queen sz the rest are small ones but I can't wait to finish it and quilt it. I plan on adding some extra borders to get it to 96" so I can use it for guest when they come to visit.

Woo - hoo - I'm done! :D I'll posted my pictures for you Kristina on the Flicker site - I was a bit worried as we went along that my colours didn't have enough contrast . . . but I couldn't have been happier with the way it turned out! (now, back to my neglected house and family!!) Thanks Kristina for putting this together - it was fun! Bev

I have all my blocks done and laid out on my cutting table with orders to anyone coming near "DO NOT TOUCH OR MOVE ANYTHING !!!" haha I had to tweak come of my blocks and use my focus fabric in a couple places where the contrast should have been. I have 2 contrast fabrics, so that complictaed things a bit. If I make another one, I will use just 3 colors or make it very scrappy with just the focus fabric the same. I think that would be fun. It was a fun pattern to sew. Can't wait until I get the blocks together and the borders on. Maybe tomorrow !

I, too, will look forward to another Mystery Quilt...........maybe after the holidays???? :):):)

Archived