QoV's

Unfortunately Heidi, I may have to drop out of doing for QoV...One gal sent me two tops, two backs for $7.56, I think it was Maryland or New Jersey. After quilted it cost me $15. something, to mail them back.

I am going to switch to Dream Puff.. it is lighter per yard, and less expensive

.. Still, with cost of batting, threads, marking costs, and quilting it, and the shipping.. is just coming to be too much after the big cut in retirement income.

I don't know if it would be proper to explain that and ask again about the costs. I have asked the piecers to let me deliver them to Fort Brag, several, at a time, instead of mailing them back. so far almost all insisted I mail them back.

Anyway just a minor problem to ponder over for a while.

Thenks for the sweet words Heidi.

Beautiful Rita the military guys and girs are going to love them!!! Could you do the 3 I have waiting on me?

I'm surprized that you are providing materials. When the local organizations sends me quilt tops they give me the top, backing and batting. I supply the thread and time. I hope you can continue.

Thank you for all the kind words... Jeanne, we only live about 30-35 miles from Womac and that's where the quilts go that I piece and quilt. They are still taking quilts, will for a long time, since they changed to let us give quilts to ANY soldier who was wounded or became ill from Any war. I have 2 or 3 right here in town. Two work in the garden area of Walmart.

Connie, if you'd like them quilted, I'd be honored to do it.. just let me know what is wanted, and when you ship them..

Oh, I could get free batting, but only if I take 10 rolls at the same time. Just NO storage for more than one or two rolls.

Rita

Archived