Finished a favorite

I'm not new to the group, I frequently lurk here and ooh and ahh over everyone's quilts, I've just never posted before. I get such inspiration from you all and I've learned so much. I've had my Liberty for a couple of years now. I found it right here on this forum. Pretty amazing. I wanted to share a pic of a quilt I finished this morning (I hope I figured it out and it shows up). One of the things I'm thankful for is finding all of you and for all of you being so kind hearted and willing to share. Happy Thanksgiving.

]

Oma, welcome, it is great to have you join us and we're anxiously awaiting the picture of your quilt.

Try this: Edit your post and scroll down to where it shows, "Attachment" and there is a box for the link to the picture. Browse to the location on your computer where the picture is located, highlight it, add or open, and then confirm the edit of the post. Hope that helps get the picture posted for you.

I'm not sure how to post more pics. Do I start a new post? Also, it's hard to get good pics of quilting because most of it was SID or over all meandering. I outlined the birds and meandered around them. I SID all of the strip pieces and around the foundation piecing and all of the arcs. It screamed for more and better than what I did, but sometimes good is good enough. I'm dealing with a flare up of asthma. She is going to USE this quilt every day. Oh...I did embroider her label. Nothing fancy. I do wish I had changed my bobbin thread to gray or taupe. Hind sight! I used gold on the top.

Oma,

Your quilts are lovely - I especially like this one. Thank you for posting pictures.

Quit beating yourself up over not being as good as some of the quilters on the forum. Some of these folks have been at LA'ing for a while. Some are naturally gifted. All of us require practice. I'm still at the point where every quilt teaches me something. As I say, hindsight is 20-10. But it is ever so much better to be learning as we go than terrified of touching our machines and just letting them collect dust. Keep pictures of your work. On a tough day, it's comforting to go back and see how much you've learned.

Welcome to the forum!

Lynn

All of my quilts get labels any more. I only sew for family or friends and I want them to know it was made special for them and when and that it was from me. Besides I have to utilize that big old expensive embroidery machine I have. LOL

Archived